LFS Trip!!

1. jlallard Member Member

I got to go to my LFS yesterday so naturally, I was beyond excited and my poor boyfriend and parents had to hear about it the whole car ride!!! We got there and I looked around at everything, like usual. (They also carry a large selection of reptiles, not for me but I like to look, and a smaller section of, rabbits/ferrets and birds) I finally started making my way over to the fish and what do I see, sitting in the middle of the room? A 55 gallon fish tank, with the stand included for just $135. I've been wanting a 55 gallon for a while so I went over to find my mom and dragged her back. She agreed with me that it seemed like a pretty good price and I was getting even more excited until she looks at me and goes "you don't have anywhere to put this." So since yesterday I've been going around the house rearranging things in my head to try and find a place to put the fish tank! She won't admit it but she loved watching my fish! She'll come up to my bedroom where I have my 20 gallon and just watch them. So here's to hoping that I'll have that 55 gallon tank soon!!!

2. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

Good luck! Get some brownie points built up whilst you wait. I find doing the ironing gets you extra points :D

3. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

Just break something "accidentally" that is 4 feet long. Presto.

4. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I have a 55g in my room, along with a 20g and a 10g. I am sure you would find room somewhere. Good luck!

5. jlallard Member Member

Hahaha Adam55, I wish!!! Anything we have in this house that is 4 feet long is probably to heavy for me to knock over!!! and Anders247, trust me, I've rearranged my room so many times!! It's an awkward shaped room plus with a bookshelf, a king size bed, a vanity and my boyfriends computer set up, there's not much wallspace left. Although I suppose I could banish him and his setup to the basement!!!

6. SW5 Well Known Member Member

If you have a basement that is all concrete and wood (like mine) then that is a great place for a big tank. I am putting my 55 gallon in the basement.

7. jlallard Member Member

Our basement isn't heated and we live in Vermont so it gets really cold in the winter, would it still be okay down there?

8. SW5 Well Known Member Member

My basement gets down to the mid fifties during the winter, not sure how cold yours gets, but just put a really overkill heater in it, and I think it should be fine.

9. Delaneyw Well Known Member Member

Oh c'mon mom! Who needs dining room furniture in this day and age, right? Haha. I would love a tank that sized, unfortunately it would only fit where my husband's desk is....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

10. smee82 Well Known Member Member

Dont give up you'll find somewhere

11. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

Get rid of the boyfriend's computer and kip on the floor :)