Lfs Traumatic Experiences

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello Fellow Fishlorians!

Please share all of your traumatic LFS experiences.

I'm just curious. I'll start with my most traumatic experience.

I was at one of my favorite LFSs. I was looking into their molly tank, and I saw a ton of fish dashing around. It was like 20+ adult mollies chasing after 1 molly fry. One large male pinned it against the glass and slowly swallowed it. I was staring right at it and I have been scared of male mollies ever since.

Mike1995

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Usually my lfs is really good at caring for fish. but for whatever reason, some people brought in a very large breeding pair of pearl scale eartheaters. And all of thier fry of different ages. Over the course of many months I'd return and the adult pair was bought. But there was so many of these little eartheaters. And just last week i went back, this is now about 9 months later and there's still about 10 of them left. They are super skinny and don't look very healthy. It's really sad. If i had a very very big aquarium I'd buy all of them. But they get rather large, at least the males do. Like 12".

CloudTheFluffy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
The female betta tank was awful at one of my lfs. Bare tank and super over stocked, even for a store tank. Watched a pack of six chase and attack a small female to death and start to eat her. They all were beat up and under fed.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom