lfs stupidity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gmen4life

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
so anyway i go to a lfs.. i see white cons and i decide to buy one (couldnt help it) so anyway lfs guy says"do you know these are mean?" and somehow the convo went to pwc and he told me that weekly wasnt needed he does his yearly lol at that point i was almost amused but scared for those who know no diffrent...........just thought id share my evening oh and the white con cost me 10 bucks lol imagine that!!! He was a good size though

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i bet thats why your con is white!!!! from major stress and unhealthy water conditons..dont be surprised if he colors up in a better tank like yours ...

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Sounds like a typical trip to the LFS to me It's always fun that we usually know more about fishkeeping than those who are paid to sell fish.

Btw-you know pics are mandatory, right? Especially for us here con lovers

gmen4life

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
i know im a camera bum i have a breeding con pair and now 2 in my african tank

iloveengl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm amazed that you were able to bite your tongue gmen! Congrats on the con - can't wait to what color it ends up as

gmen4life

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
the white one is swimming with my female now lol looking good

Tony G.

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
hahaha i would have laughed right in front of the person

pics would be nice ;D

jwokmuba2

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
i hate goin to walmart or petco and knowing more than the employees there, i found a dead betta in a bowl today at petco and had to tell the fish worker,, then at walmart they remodeled the whole store and i was kinda glad thinking they might get rid of the fish section there, then i relized they didnt. , i always feel worse after visiting a store like that. luckly i have two lfs that are a little better.

gmen4life

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
well he then told me how during his yearly change that his gf turned off the col water and he cooked the 17 fish on accident .......isnt that sad?

iloveengl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
yuck! I would have stop shopping there. I have a lfs that I walked into once and walked back out and will never return. I drive 45 min. to Petsmart instead. Ironic that the chain store takes better care and has more knowledge than a local fish store.

Tony G.

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
man i hate when this kind of stuff happens. One time i was at my LFS and there was a coupla talking to the worker about how their fish keep dying. SO i but into ther conversation, made the woker look dumb( not intended ;D) and told the ppl their tank wasnt cycled and bla bla bla, they went home fishless with some prime, and i felt good about myself, only problem is they fired the employee! well...not really that bad ;D

SWilkins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
iloveengl said:
yuck! I would have stop shopping there. I have a lfs that I walked into once and walked back out and will never return. I drive 45 min. to Petsmart instead. Ironic that the chain store takes better care and has more knowledge than a local fish store.
There is a Petco or Petsmart in Douglasville, Ga that I actually like to go to. They can actually tell you what fish is what and which one will go with them. Before selling you any fish they ask what size tank you have and if you are cycled, what you already have....etc. Their tanks are spotless and they have very healthy looking fish...no dead bodies in their tanks and no signs of disease.

Tony G.

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
SWilkins said:
There is a Petco or Petsmart in Douglasville, Ga that I actually like to go to. They can actually tell you what fish is what and which one will go with them. Before selling you any fish they ask what size tank you have and if you are cycled, what you already have....etc. Their tanks are spotless and they have very healthy looking fish...no dead bodies in their tanks and no signs of disease.
see that's hard to come by. When i used to live in arizona, i used to go to the Petsmart on Power Rd. Man, they had dead fish all over the place, and the Petco at University Dv. Was worse! glad you have some good sources at your place. I only have one and all they sell are guppies and bettas...
they sell their bettas in 2.5g display tanks. not in cups which i think is good

iloveengl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Tony G. said:
they sell their bettas in 2.5g display tanks. not in cups which i think is good
Wow! That's nice to hear that. I feel like poor bettas are always getting a rotten deal from the stores.

Tony G.

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
its good, but they are not heated nor filtered
hey at least they have room
OMG! the other day i saw a pink BF Halfmoon! i was like, i want it! but it was $250...

omg! hahah off topic!

jwokmuba2

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
i wish i could work at every fish store so i could give everyone the right advice.

Gouramiguy17

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I can't wait until I'm old enough to work, I think I will work at one of my fav lfs. I think it is good that every single fish store owner is different or else everyone might only specialize in a couple types of fish.

thorpbrian

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
On my last trip to Petsmart I was standing there as a lady asked for 25 goldfish and the employee didn't even flinch or ask any questions before going to get them. I was in a hurry or I would've butted in and ask what size "pond" these 25 common's where going in. Now that I look back I shoud've said something. I just hope that they were going into a pond and not a 10 gallon tank! Probably not....next time I'll speak up.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom