LFS San Diego Area

flyig2275

Reaction score
Is anyone on here in the San Diego area? I'm looking for a good LFS around here. I've been to a few (i'm not going to say which) and was astonished by how terrible the tanks looked and health of the fish. Any ideas other than than petco or petsmart? thanks

MissMTS

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hi,
I am in the San Diego area and I have a few good ones to reccomend to you. Hopefully these aren't any of the ones that you have tried:
Aquatic Warehouse (Clairemont Mesa)- huge selection
Fountains Aquariums (La Mesa)- awesome for African Cichlids
Fish Haven (Escondido)- small shop, but still good
These are the ones that I have had the most luck at. They seem to know a lot more about what they are selling than most LFS. I hope this helps! Good luck!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome to Fishlore.

ninilie

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have found that Fountains is a nice place for fish. Although they never have guppies when i go and that is what im into mostly. And i would still buy my fish food from petsmart because its cheaper. Their tanks never have dead fish in them (at least that i have seen). They have a nice cichlid selection.

flyig2275

Reaction score
No MissMTS I havent been to any of those. I'll have to go check them out next weekend. thanks

MissMTS

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
No problem

fhcrazy

Reaction score
I'd recommend going to Pet Zone on University Ave.
The owners make sure all fish are quarantined before putting them up for sale, plus they have the best prices in town and a whole variety of tropical/goldfish/exotic fish including oddballs and many flowerhorns and arowanas.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom