Experience
5 years
Hey guys,
I always go to Petland.

Pro's - tanks always clean
no excess fish dead in tanks
Friendly staff
Fairly knowledgable staff... know basics
Never been given bad advice(if they don't know they won't say)
They keep a rotation(they don't always have the same fish there every once in a while they throw in something different and they seem to switch to _ _ _ _ _ for a month then next month a different one then back to the first then a third different one then back to the second for another month and so on. ex: lately no ghost shrimp and very little Zebra danio's but this week I noticed they have long finned danio's in haven't seen them there in like three months and they have RTS's in again which they didn't last month.

Con's -
Today first time I notice they have hardly nothing for live plants
Yesterday noticed NO SAND FOR AQUARIUMS!
Fish manager didn't know what I was talking about today when I said I wanted to see if she could order me some threadfin rainbows she looked at me puzzled but I guess not every one can know every fish so I'm going to let that one go.

mathew9889

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I work in retail and therefore can speak with confidence that we are not always experts on the items we sell, we try to be but to some people it is just a job. also sometimes we get questions from people far more experienced than us that we just can't answer. I also understand how frustrating it is to not have access to common merchandise but sometimes stores just sell out of product. as a general rule stores will try to maintain fully stocked shelves at all times. think about this, if you couldnt buy that bag of sand no one is more upset about that than the store who just lost money over not having it in stock.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This isn't really a "hot topic". This is more a complaint about a local store. There's a section of the forum specifically for that.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

Moved to the review section of the forum

New Threads