LFS Have no Central American Cichlids?! (Houston)

firemouthfreak

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I've been trying to buy 4 or 5 Firemouths so I could obtain a a breeding pair but EVERY LFS I've been to says they're out. I tried Petsmart, But they don't have T. MEEKI. (That's how desperate I got) I also thought that from April-Oct is breeding season for them, Does anyone know why they're on this short supply?

Comments would be much appreciated.

josh11551

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I had the same problem so I got 6 at petco... very desperate but they are doing good

OP
F

firemouthfreak

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
josh11551 said:
I had the same problem so I got 6 at petco... very desperate but they are doing good
My Petsmart was selling them for $2 each.. I was very tempted.. But I'm willing to pay 5 dollars ea for a T. MEEKI. I hate this

josh11551

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
yeah I paid $1.79 each at petco... they hide in their lava rock all day since I got them last saturday..

OP
F

firemouthfreak

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Give them time. Once they start feeling comfortable in their new tank, They'll come out

Working with newly introduced fish is a time battle.. IMO

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
firemouthfreak said:
My Petsmart was selling them for $2 each.. I was very tempted.. But I'm willing to pay 5 dollars ea for a T. MEEKI. I hate this
Just ask your LFS when their next shipment will arrive & if there are any Firemouths in it. If there isn't, they can probably order them for you. You might need to pay a deposit before they order them though.

I would consider $5US per Firemouth a dead set bargain. You won't find a Firemouth for under $20AUS here in Perth & that would only be for a 1" juvie. I'm always jealous of how cheap you guys in the US get your fish & equipment for.

OP
F

firemouthfreak

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Would LFS's really order FM just for 1 customer? I only need 5 or 6 of them..

Hmm.. I never knew it was so expensive in other countries.. I guess I should consider myself lucky..

New Threads