Lfs Fish Not Good - Suggestions For Fish Source?

lisa99

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
While my tank is cycling I’ve started looking into sources for fish.

My local PetSmart had dead dish in just about every tank so I don’t want to shop there. Then I looked at Aquabid and wow are those fish expensive. I checked Petco and they had better looking tanks but didn’t have (nor could they get) bristlenose pleco and of the schooling fish that I want they only had a couple (cory cats and cherry barbs).

Any suggestions on fish sources or should I just look up every fish store in a certain radius and go check them out?

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I agree to check the LFS's in a reasonable radius you may find a place that is an absolute winner. Aspecially if its a mom n pop shop. Once you build a relationship they will most likely order whatever you want. They may even do it on your first trip there.

Seasoldier

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
While my tank is cycling I’ve started looking into sources for fish.

My local PetSmart had dead dish in just about every tank so I don’t want to shop there. Then I looked at Aquabid and wow are those fish expensive. I checked Petco and they had better looking tanks but didn’t have (nor could they get) bristlenose pleco and of the schooling fish that I want they only had a couple (cory cats and cherry barbs).

Any suggestions on fish sources or should I just look up every fish store in a certain radius and go check them out?
Hi, have you looked online to see if there are any fish clubs around your area? You might be able to find some local breeders.

lisa99

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I haven’t but will look now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom