Lfs Fish Id Held

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by BHK3, Aug 4, 2017.

1. BHK3

BHK3Well Known MemberMember

Hello! Could someone help me ID the paler fish in this video? It was taken at my LFS but the only fish labelled in the tank were the Tiger Barbs and Green Tiger Barbs. The lighting's not so great, but the fish are actually a very light rosy gold color. The only noticeable feature is a very fine pink line along the very top of the dorsal fin. Beautiful fish. Thanks for the ID help!

2. KingD

KingDFishlore VIPMember

Those look like albino tiger barbs to me

3. OP
    OP
    BHK3

You're right!!! Thank you! It makes so much more sense now why they didn't seem to be labelled.

4. OP
    OP
    BHK3

Is it safe to assume Tiger Barbs are not particularly compatible with Gouramis (particularly Honey Gouramis)?

5. NavigatorBlack

NavigatorBlackFishlore VIPMember

Yes, it is. Honey gouramis like very quiet waters, and tiger barb types like moving water with a good flow. They also grow larger than a honey, and will push the gourami around. Sometimes they may even nip at the feelers on the gourami.

Delicate and tiger barb are not phrases that go together.

6. OP
    OP
    BHK3

Thanks for confirming! I will stick with Rummynose Tetras like I was planning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice