Lfs Directory

Katie13

I've been considering this for a while now, and thanks to Lucy, I now know this is definitely the best place to put it. Anyway, I figured that to make it easier on other fish keepers, a directory would be nice! It's fairly simple, just list the name of the store, location, and any pictures, videos, or comments/details! I'm hoping this will help others when it comes to purchasing fish.

The Aquarium - Knoxville, TN
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

goplecos

About Fish Inc in Westminster CO. They Zebra Plecos in store so they are much cheaper than elsewhere. After we get enough posts we should start to compile them into an actual list/directory similar to the stock list for 5 or 10 gallons.
About Fish, Inc.

Katie13

About Fish Inc in Westminster CO. They Zebra Plecos in store so they are much cheaper than elsewhere. After we get enough posts we should start to compile them into an actual list/directory similar to the stock list for 5 or 10 gallons.
About Fish, Inc.
Definitely will! It would be a pain to go through a thread like this for one store.

goplecos

Definitely will! It would be a pain to go through a thread like this for one store.

It will be a pain. This is going to be a major project.

Katie13

It will be a pain. This is going to be a major project.
It's 12:30 here, so I'd say I spend enough time of Fishlore to manage it!

IcedColdMine

All in Colorado.
Tropical Fish Oasis - 6/10 not a huge fish selection, overpriced, and staff doesn't help you right away
Todd's Fish Shop - 0/10, LOTS of Saltwater fish dead and with diseases, no one helped us so we left
Neptune's tropical fish - 7/10 Owners curse ALOT, prices are decentish, they have a lot of fish, they keep tanks pretty clean. The BN Yellow Longfinned plecos were cool

Best Freshwater Shop in Colorado BY FAR is.....
Aquatic Dog - 11/10 staff is very helpful, right when I walked into the fish section there was immediately a person who greeted me and asked if I needed anything. I got help from one guys named A.J. for like an hour asking questions about stocking, plants, fish compatibility, ECT. The owner seems a bit angry both times we went but her staff made up for it. They have a HUGE selection of fish and plants and keep tanks well fed and clean. It looks like a dog store when you enter but there is a whole selection deticated to fish! P.S. they sell tarantulas, bought mine for $20 with the tank and spider already in it. Very cool place, must visit for everyone in Colorado.

Bruxes and Bubbles

Texas:

Fish Gallery (The Woodlands)

Good store - they get in some rarer things sometimes. Prices are a bit high on things like driftwood IMO, but the fish are usually very healthy, and on the rare cases they're not, they're not for sale. I see them doing water changes almost every time I come. Their website has a 'new arrivals' list.

image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Ultimate Fish:
Great selection of large cichlids - the main attraction of this store. Their livebearers are great - I've seen red tuxedos, black Moscows, full orange mollies, and full red swordtails here. Their tetras are also very healthy, though most of the fish they get in are somewhat common.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

That Aquarium Place:
This one carries some rare stuff sometimes but the last time I went there was a major outbreak of ich. Might have just been a one time thing, though. Plants are good prices if they're stocked. Great discus selection.

image.jpg image.jpg

IcedColdMine

Texas:

Good store - they get in some rarer things sometimes. Prices are a bit high on things like driftwood IMO, but the fish are usually very healthy, and on the rare cases they're not, they're not for sale. I see them doing water changes almost every time I come. Their website has a 'new arrivals' list.

View attachment 355014
View attachment 355019 View attachment 355018 View attachment 355017 View attachment 355016

Ultimate Fish:
Great selection of large cichlids - the main attraction of this store. Their livebearers are great - I've seen red tuxedos, black Moscows, full orange mollies, and full red swordtails here. Their tetras are also very healthy, though most of the fish they get in are somewhat common.
View attachment 355020 View attachment 355021 View attachment 355022

That Aquarium Place:
This one carries some rare stuff sometimes but the last time I went there was a major outbreak of ich. Might have just been a one time thing, though. Plants are good prices if they're stocked. Great discus selection.

View attachment 355031 View attachment 355032
That's a german ram with a discus...... that's a new one lol

Bruxes and Bubbles

That's a german ram with a discus...... that's a new one lol

GBRs have a similar temperature range to discus and are commonly kept with them. They keep the GBRs and the discus together due to that - that tank is standalone so they can heat it separately from the other ones.

Zerologist

Please provide some lfs in Asia too... Thanks

Katie13

Texas:

View attachment 355014
View attachment 355019 View attachment 355018 View attachment 355017 View attachment 355016

Ultimate Fish:
View attachment 355020 View attachment 355021 View attachment 355022

That Aquarium Place:

View attachment 355031 View attachment 355032
They look great! Maybe I'll plan a visit there next time I'm down that way!

Bruxes and Bubbles

They look great! Maybe I'll plan a visit there next time I'm down that way!

You should!

Katie13

You should!
I'm down there at least once a year usually. I have family in Louisiana.

Katie13

I'll hopefully get to check out Aquatic Marine (AM) Saturday.

goldface

For anyone visiting or living in NYC, I recommend a few places.

In Queens, I'd check out Monster Aquarium

In Manhattan check out Pacific Aquarium and Plants
I also frequent Manhattan Aquarium.

Katie13

I'll post one of one of my local big box chain stores (a Pet Supplies Plus) tomorrow. Since they recently swapped management, I'm beginning to really love it.

Katie13

Here are a few pics from Aquatic Marine in Knoxville, TN. They had a some decent prices and insteresting fish.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Katie13

I just went to the Aquarium again today! I haven’t posted pictures from there in a while, so here we go! I didn’t take to many pictures as I was mainly looking for some stocking ideas for my new 36 gallon bowfront, so pictures weren’t my focus and I didn’t look around the Saltwater selection either. MattS99 you really should check it out if you’re ever this way!

Pinoy Angelfish (True Blue and Regular) - Pterophyllum Scalare
28B9E036-6CF2-48A4-9E48-C70BD9F6A86A.jpeg 21DECEAE-0AD2-42B0-8BF1-3F9FF826CA4D.jpeg C2213AB6-B00A-4083-9A89-5E6D330E8352.jpeg

Peacock Gudgeon/Goby -
Tateurndina Ocellicauda
8DCD952A-8CF7-4C8C-BBCD-2851581DF778.jpeg

Golden Dwarf Acara - Nannacara Anomala
DD4C783C-1B52-459A-9272-EB2ACB1234F2.jpeg 829362D4-218F-4182-9807-90B8159E9CF4.jpeg8541AC9F-F36B-44F3-BBEC-6E3203A9B02B.jpeg

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom