Lfs Brevard County/melbourne Fl Area

Nanorock1970

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm about 2 months in on my saltwater fish journey and it seams that good stores are hard to come by. I am looking for stores less then an hour from Melbourne FL that have saltwater fish and know what they have.

My number 1 store for friendly knowledgeable folks is Nahacky's Aquarium - I can't tell you about their saltwater fish because they are re-doing the room but I have purchased some inverts from them and asked bunches of questions. I like that they are a less is more approach and not trying to sell you a kitchen sink when you don't need one.
My number 2 store is Mad Reefer, for a great collection of coral stuff and a smaller collection of fish but they are very healthy. We have purchased our live rock here. a cleaner shrimp, and a dwarf angel from this location. The owner is maybe less friendly but also very very knowledgeable. He will sell you a small fish and when it gets too big for your tank, take it back....Mmm free growing of his stock??? anyway good for if you want a dory (from nemo if you didn't catch that ) and can't have a full grown one. Live Rock is great. Good selection of pieces and seams to be pre cured as I had no cycling in my new fresh start aquarium. Oh and the price is right about $5 a lbs.
My number 3 is only here because we bought 2 orange clownfish from them. Incredible pets. Currently they only have a freshwater experienced person in the store to help and the selection of fish is not much.

Number 4 (DO NOT GO EVER AGAIN) Trident Pets- Bought a strawberry dottyback and a jewel damsel. I was told that they both would do well in our community 56 gal tank. Well it only took a week for the dottyback to kill off the damsel and when it was done with that, it started to torment my clownfish. Tried to take the dottyback as a return but he kept saying he has 2 of them at the moment and can't take it, keep calling back to see when I have space....BOO this fish is causing havoc in my tank and has to go. Lucky for me Nahacky's, even though they did not have a full fish room set up were more then happy to help us out and take the dottyback to rehome it.

So those are the stores that I have gone to and I am looking for others. There are a few that have gone out of business finding them on google and yelp but there has to be more without going all the way to Stewart (an hour drive) or off to Orlando (an hour drive)..... help if you can and know of a few more secret stores.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Not sure if its the same but we have a "Trident wholesale pets" here in Edmonton. But they do not sell animals. Thanks for sharing, great review.

Nanorock1970

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ok So I think I have found the issue. Its all about how stores are listing.
  1. Since google has required websites to be mobile friendly, I think many have dropped their sites due to the possible complication of making them compliant (your brothers uncle that knows how to make a site can no longer keep up with it LOL, I used to have a web site design co and that is a rough answer to why I did not get the work from some places)
  2. Web sites and domain names cost money but FB does not.
  3. FB is easy and anyone can make a custom address, keep info updated easily without a "web master".
So I found my Mad Reefer on FB and at the bottom FB showed me a list of similar business. Well wouldn't you know, I found about 4 more stores in the area. The Reef Store I purchased my Zoanthids from,I find out from the owner that he has not yet gone full out on advertising but has a FB page. So Google and Yelp and the like are being overrun by FB for advertising and Google and Yelp do not do a very good job collecting FB info to share business info.

Just wanted to Share since I can't be the only one looking for new LFS to shop.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom