Let’s Talk Photography! - Page 19

Pescado_Verde

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My money!!! That's where it went!!

Hey, iPhone takes good pictures and an iconic location sure doesn't hurt. Not seeing the old WTC does still hurt though.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here’s the building I’m working in :). And I saw these flying bye. No birds up here :).
588730A0-DDBD-4A04-B7DE-A1FDD89CFF87.jpeg
80002222-1A70-40AF-834B-79714BBE6F01.jpeg

Pescado_Verde

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My little Wal-mart bracket showed up so now I've got TWO dual flash units. I did some math just based on the guide number(s) of the speedlights I have and I THINK I have some idea of where to start. There's a little horse show scheduled for this weekend in the actual coliseum, not the poorly lit horse barn/arena, so I'll get a chance to find out. Having better ambient light is something else that will likely play into my results. Based on my rough calculations I can shoot at 1/4 power, ISO 800 and probably around f3.2 which I think will give me decent recycle times and not drain my batteries quite as quickly. Oh, batteries. This whole rig uses 22 AA NiMH to power everything, lol. I have no idea what the life of one of these is but they're not cheap so they better be good for more than a couple of charges. Wish me luck!

Pescado_Verde

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Pescado_Verde said:
My little Wal-mart bracket showed up so now I've got TWO dual flash units. I did some math just based on the guide number(s) of the speedlights I have and I THINK I have some idea of where to start. There's a little horse show scheduled for this weekend in the actual coliseum, not the poorly lit horse barn/arena, so I'll get a chance to find out. Having better ambient light is something else that will likely play into my results. Based on my rough calculations I can shoot at 1/4 power, ISO 800 and probably around f3.2 which I think will give me decent recycle times and not drain my batteries quite as quickly. Oh, batteries. This whole rig uses 22 AA NiMH to power everything, lol. I have no idea what the life of one of these is but they're not cheap so they better be good for more than a couple of charges. Wish me luck!
Quoting myself here... Change of plans, apparently the horse show is still happening this weekend but without any spectators being allowed. I had my gear all laid out, done pre-checks, bags were packed. Pfffttttt... Whole weekend off and now I gotta come up with a plan!

Pescado_Verde

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Well, I went to the horse show anyway and got in with no problems. I didn't stay long and it wasn't a complete waste of time but hunter/jumpers + amateurs = no flash zone. I was able to set up and snap some test shots between riders but I'm not sure this is something I want to pursue. Bare flash is just such a harsh light and while I know that folks buy those pictures the pros take, I'm just not a fan at this point. I may still play with it some more just to be certain, there's barrel racing on the calendar in a few weeks and they don't care much about flash so it's another opportunity.

Anyway, I took a trip to a cemetery here and wandered around trying to create something interesting. Still looking at what I took but here's a couple that I like initially. Also, I think it's an unwritten rule that cemetery photos are to be done in black and white.

DSC_6409_00001.jpg
DSC_6427_00001.jpg

Pescado_Verde

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Still perusing the shots from the cemetery and man, some of the statuary, particularly the really old stuff, was incredibly detailed. Almost makes me wish I had a macro lens so I could do some detail shots. Then again, I don't know how they'd do taken out of context. Here's one of a lady who, it looks to me like, has used the bottom of her shawl as a sort of basket and gathered flowers (roses?) for her beloved. The frills/embellishments on her garments are really mind blowing to me. Granted I know nothing about the art of casting these markers but someone had to create the original.

DSC_6559_00001_01.jpg

This one is just a creepy angel lady as viewed from the tenant's perspective.

DSC_6487_00001.jpg

Pescado_Verde

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Getting a bit bored so I decided to go back and play with the off camera flash again. I took "Monica" outside for the first time, in the shade on the patio with the pond and parking lot in full sun in the background. This is at ISO 200, f5 and 1/6400s. 2 speedlights, HSS. Not great but more a proof of concept and to get some idea of the limitations of my gear.

DSC_7100_00001.jpg

This is with just the available light, same settings but shutter speed at 1/60s.

DSC_7047_00001.jpg

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don’t know^^^^kinda spooky!! Let me lightin it up here’s some flowers. Lol.
C206D0D5-CF3A-448E-BE79-9B4117DB3C3F.jpeg

sto0ka

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Bridges of Ross - Co Clare - Ireland
Was fishing there all day, and it was raining all day. This happened when we decided to go home :D :D :D
DSC04031.jpg
DSC04037.jpg

OP
SaltyPhone

SaltyPhone

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Wow I’ve been absent from here for a while. It’s awesome to see the pictures everyone has posted. I’ve had very little time to keep up so here’s a few recent shots.
1C442839-B55D-4E73-9A9F-9FC780B0BF8C.jpeg
1DC6B842-B65F-4DE5-B225-717EFFED9C9C.jpeg
4ECD4432-6C9D-4382-8E86-D0CB6971558F.jpeg
409B3976-2848-4EC2-897E-0176D93A7566.jpeg
D27E9304-01D4-4110-AA87-EDF782FA5DD7.jpeg
67A366C7-2307-44A0-828B-76EF88D0969D.jpeg

Raideress

Reaction score
86 ssinit said:
Oh I hate to admit this but that’s the iPhone. Pictures from work.
it dont matter if you get the shot you want, i use a super zoom camera, like to travel and have enough to pack, so super zoom gives me zoom and decent shots without heaps of equipment

New Threads