Lets see your Christmas decor

Dippiedee

Admittedly it is early but since England is in another national lockdown and everyone is miserable, I decided that christmas starts early this year.

2020 has been pretty terrible so I thought sharing our Christmas stuff would cheer everybody up. I know I love to see decorations so let's see all your Christmas related stuff!

Darth got his gingerbread latte

My 2 year old decorated the tree and according to her I'm not allowed to fine tune it so this is what I've got this year lol

Coradee

“Points to door” Out! Out! It’s waaay to early to put the tree up!!!

AggressiveAquatics

I put my Christmas decorations up the day after thanksgiving so I’ll share some them

AJE

I too put Christamas decor up the day after thanks giving

Lucy

It's like we went from Halloween right into Christmas!

Skrabbitskrabbit

Here is last year but we already took the xmas decor bins out of storage and the goal is to have them up by Monday (outside). Nobody here is selling trees yet and we always do a real one.

Dippiedee

I'll remember that and remind you all after Thanksgiving

Lucy said:
It's like we went from Halloween right into Christmas!
Yes we absolutely did lol

mattgirl

I won't bring any Christmas decor down from the attic until after Thanksgiving. It seems advertisers are bringing out their Christmas ads earlier every year. Before long they will start running them the day after Easter. They started long before Halloween this year

I am thrilled to see Christ hasn't been taken out of Christmas on this thread. I guess if I had a pet peeve it would be Christ being replaced with an X.

BTW: Your little 2 year old done good I am sure s/he is very proud of it.

Dippiedee

mattgirl said:
I won't bring any Christmas decor down from the attic until after Thanksgiving. It seems advertisers are bringing out their Christmas ads earlier every year. Before long they will start running them the day after Easter. They started long before Halloween this year

I am thrilled to see Christ hasn't been taken out of Christmas on this thread. I guess if I had a pet peeve it would be Christ being replaced with an X.

If it weren't for lockdowns and general doom and gloom, I wouldnt have done it so early. But my little one has been in a considerably better mood since the decor came out so all worth it haha

She is, she keeps pointing at it and saying 'MY tree' lol

AggressiveAquatics

mattgirl said:

I’m not sure if it was just a fluke in the system but I saw a Christmas Pepsi commercial in august. And I agree it makes me so annoyed when I see xmas

StarGirl

Thanksgiving always gets a big boot. Im just glad you got some joy while being in lockdown.

Dippiedee

So guess what folks, it's the day after Thanksgiving. I am summoning you all back here

Let's begin Christmas

mattgirl

I guess it is time for me to bring out my fiber optic tree and plug it in

StarGirl

Not home ........soon!

Mhamilton0911

It's happening today.

I love the decorations, but only after Thanksgiving, I feel like after Halloween it's Christmas season anymore, but I still have my fall time with its appropriate decorations

Skrabbitskrabbit

I had to snap another pic now that we have a couple new inflatables Merry Christmas

Leeman75

The Village went up last weekend (see pics below). It's in the fish room (basement) just next to my tanks down there.

Today, it's been busy. Black Friday shopping all morning. Just finished putting up the tree after it nearly slid off the roof of my van on the way home. It's settling. Lights and decor will probably go up later while we all watch Polar Express. This is our tradition for the day after Thanksgiving.

smee82

Way to early for me. Im lucky if my tree goes up a week before christmas.

Dennis57

I just started last night, need to finish outside 1st, then do inside.

Mhamilton0911

Haven't done any hanging decorations in this picture yet, just the tree and topper.

Leeman75

Mhamilton0911 said:
Haven't done any hanging decorations in this picture yet, just the tree and topper.
I'm going to use this picture to show my wife how nice a fish tank looks next to the tree!

Dippiedee

Leeman75 said:
I'm going to use this picture to show my wife how nice a fish tank looks next to the tree!
Incase she needs extra convincing

Edit: it doesnt actually look that good because my toddler keeps taking all the decorations off the tree...

Skrabbitskrabbit

Dippiedee said:

Edit: it doesnt actually look that good because my toddler keeps taking all the decorations off the tree...
I love it. The tree matches your tank decorations.
Bonus: the fish get to enjoy the tree too!

Kribensis27

We’re going to get a tree soon. I live in a relatively small town, so there’s a lot of farms, and a bunch of those farms sell Christmas trees. No big deal if one place sells out

StarGirl

I stole some ornaments from my mom lol.

Rockymountainstream

Coradee said:
“Points to door” Out! Out! It’s waaay to early to put the tree up!!!
It maybe a little early. However it has been a strange year and anything to help move it out is welcome

StarGirl said:
I have always liked that style of ornament. It is also interesting how you have to still the good ones. As the not so good ones just show up

StarGirl

Rockymountainstream said:
I have always liked that style of ornament
Agree but they are better with stars on them! I'll get some more stuff out tomorrow!

Dunk2

Leeman75 said:
While you’re at it, show her how nice they look IN the tank.

NoahLikesFish

How do I do that? That’s the coolest thing ever!

What is it made out of?

Leeman75

And the tree is complete...and now, no more decorating and back to water changes!!

Dunk2

NoahLikesFish said:
How do I do that? That’s the coolest thing ever!
If only I knew. . . I struggle with java fern.

NoahLikesFish said:
What is it made out of?
I’d guess a base of driftwood with moss of some sort attached to it.

mattgirl

StarGirl said:
Oh my goodness. That Angel is beautiful. I collect Angels so know a beauty when I see one. They live all over my house year round. It looks like your Mom has very good taste in Christmas decorations. In my humble opinion, all of the ones you "borrowed" are the cream of the crop.

Prest12

Got the tree up. Now time to make it look decent.

AquaBaby

My Christmas tree and decorations are still in storage at the moment. Looks like I need to get a little motivation ....

Prest12

I’m so not used to the tree being where it is. I don’t think we’ve used that corner in at least ten years. I’m sure you all can guess what stole the other corner.

Betta'sAnonymous

This guy makes sure decorations won't go on the tree this year.

StarGirl

Um yeah! You tie that thing to the wall too?

Betta'sAnonymous

StarGirl said:
Um yeah! You tie that thing to the wall too?
Not yet...he hasn't knocked it down! He likes to hide in it and try to steal my Runza though

StarGirl

I need to at least get my stuff up stairs today.

Betta'sAnonymous

We are 3 days past Thanksgiving now...that's some serious slackin'!

StarGirl

Betta'sAnonymous said:
We are 3 days past Thanksgiving now...that's some serious slackin'!
I just got home last night. Only been slackin today.....lol

Betta'sAnonymous

StarGirl said:
I just got home last night. Only been slackin today.....lol
Since when is travelling an excuse!!?!!!

AggressiveAquatics

I just got my tree set up more house decor coming soon

Dippiedee

All your trees are HUGE lol

Archangel8

BigBeardDaHuZi

mattgirl said:

Actually, the "X" in Xmas comes from the Greek for Christ, Xristos. Sorry I don't know how to do the greek characters on this laptop, but anyways, in Greek 'Christ' sounds like 'Kreestoes' and it is spelled with an X

I always had real trees when I lived in the states, but they aren't a thing over here. I finally got a really decent 'fake' though.

Edit: the New Testament was written in Greek, hence the Xristos

Mii

If I'm not christian, I'm still allowed to celebrate Christmas right?

Coradee

Even my loaf agrees it’s too early

BigBeardDaHuZi

Dippiedee said:

My youngest is finally old enough where we can put the ornaments on the bottom of the tree. She and her sister are BIG Christmas fans

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Not yet...he hasn't knocked it down! He likes to hide in it and try to steal my Runza though
Runza!? Haha, fellow Nebraskan. I thought I had seen somebody's bio say Nebraska. Where do you live? My folks are still in York.

Mii

Mii said:
If I'm not christian, I'm still allowed to celebrate Christmas right?
SIDENOTE: I don't actually care weather or not anyone tells me I can or can't, I'm going to celebrate anyway

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom