Let's see those fish!

markedblue83

HI

I thought that this would be a fun thread to start, seeing as though we all love pictures. Post a picture of the favorite fish that you own. For those of you who have MTS I am sure it'll be hard to just choose one...

Just curious to see other people's fish and what they like.

Mine is my Red dwarf honey gourami "Stevie"

Attachments

• DSC01581.JPG
    DSC01581.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 382

konstargirl

^ They are pretty!

My platies( females), but today they are being bad. They think they are dogs:

Angel eyes

these are new to me also..just started my 90g african cichlid tank last week these were the first fish in the tank..Synodontis multipunctata so kewl looking I love them

Attachments

• IMG_1195.JPG
    IMG_1195.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 334

Disc61

Yes, you are correct, tough to pick one, but my Obliquiden Zebra is one my favorites, loves to get his picture taken.

Attachments

• 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 355

brokenwing

My yellow labs, from my african cichlid tank!

Attachments

• pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 194

rbstern

Female Beta in my community tank.

psalm18.2

Attachments

• 16322-dishy.jpg
    16322-dishy.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 200

Aquarist

Good morning,

This is my favorite. Her name is Phyllis and she is a Bloody Parrot. Please don't laugh at her size. She has out grown her tank just a bit!

She's a sensitive girl! She was an Easter gift from one of my neighbors. She met her demise shortly after the photos were taken. Quiet tasty I might add!

ishy10

Attachments

• Phyllis4.jpg
    Phyllis4.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 204
  • Phyllis3.jpg
    Phyllis3.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Phyllis2.jpg
    Phyllis2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 169

jglove276

Too funny Ken, Here is a pic of my DG Markedblue83

Fammies

Attachments

• fish 008.JPG
    fish 008.JPG
    207.7 KB · Views: 187

andrearamirezo91

My six month old super delta betta =) he is my first fish ever and my attempt is to rescue him. As you can see his fins are all nipped up to half their original size because the store keepers had him in a tank full of female bettas! :'(

He is in a 5 gal tank, filtered and in process of cycling. I am doing 25% water changes every day so he doesn't get stressed and treating him with bettafix and aquarium salt (both very under dosed)

ADVICE IS MORE THAN WELCOME! <3

Sorry I'm using links! the webpage won't let me download them even after I resized them! he's gorgeous take a look

hagmegsis

This is icing my silve molly. The pics are not that good but she is so friendly george is the prettiest fish I have but icing just loves people. Any one even my 2 yr old niece excites her she swims right up to you and begs for food and attention. She will even let you pet her even though I try not to let people touch her since it's not good for her.

George

RogueAgent94

Mine are also Bloody Parrots but Green Terror cichlids are a close second.

RuanMaritz

too funny ken sound like you have some humorous neighbors ,

iloveengl

Melvin. (RIP )

Attachments

• Melvin .1.JPG
    Melvin .1.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 253

Aquarist

Good morning,

Andrea:

Once you have resized your photos, the new resized photo has been downloaded to your personal files as a new file. I have my settings to put all new downloads into the download file.

Click on Tools that should show at the top of your screen all of the time. Then click on General. You should see Downloads. At Downloads you can select Save Files To, this lets you chose where you want your newly downloaded files to go. These are the files that you would select to be loaded when posting a photo to your post.

Browse the download files and select the one you want to upload into the post.

Ken

Bad Wolf

Well, I wouldn't say my favourite, because I love my fish in general But this is my favourite photo. Daddy angelfish with his babies! Sadly they didn't survive :'(

Attachments

• IMG20110123_034.jpg
    IMG20110123_034.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 233

Redshark1

Nando, my 8" two year old EBJD. My best fish in 40 years of fishkeeping.

Tropical Fish Keeper

I would have to say my african butterfly fish. He is such a character. lol ;D

Attachments

• ABF.jpg
    ABF.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 0303112145.jpg
    0303112145.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 164

bassbonediva

I love all my fish, but Brisingr, my red dragon halfmoon plakat male betta, is probably my favorite.

Brainlady

Curious Angels

LOL Ken, cute neighbors!!
I love all my fish, but am especially bonded with my Angel fish.... they are so nosey and when I clean my tank they want to be right there on top of the vacuum seeing what I am up to!!!

Attachments

• March2011 113.jpg
    March2011 113.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 135

lorabell

I adore ALL of my fish babies....but my SeaHorses have a very special spot in my heart.......the first is just one of my favorite pictures......

Attachments

• Pic2035.JPG
    Pic2035.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 144
  • Pic662.JPG
    Pic662.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 178

maxima423

my new MG HM rosetail - Pontus

scottieb

Wow stunning fish Maxima423!

Here's my male apisto:

amberskye

I love all my fish, but Brisingr, my red dragon halfmoon plakat male betta, is probably my favorite.

gorgeous and so unusual. Does he live in a community tank?

youngstermatt

I have several, so I'll post them all:

Fave fish: Philip---Halfmoon Betta

Fave type: Coradoras (Peppered is pictured)

Fave rescue: Red and Orange Feeder, just about to be fed to a Sunfish

Fave non-fish: My African Dwarf Frog, Lucky

Fave invertabrate: My Bamboo (Wood) Shrimp

Attachments

• DSCF2365.JPG
    DSCF2365.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCF2711.JPG
    DSCF2711.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCF2732.JPG
    DSCF2732.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCF2533.JPG
    DSCF2533.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCF2593.JPG
    DSCF2593.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 139

DiTrolioDude

Oooh! that's a toughy! If Had to pick a fave fish it would be..... Sunrise my Dwarf Gourami!

Attachments

• Gourami_edit.jpg
    Gourami_edit.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 132

amberskye

Oooh! that's a toughy! If Had to pick a fave fish it would be..... Sunrise my Dwarf Gourami!

aaaaaaaaaah NICE DG!!!

Kathy Potts

I have lots of favorites

So after pondering this question, I decided it only fair that I post my favorite fish of the minute

So right this minute........... lets see .............. I will go with this one. One our young Philippine Blue Angels. Hang around long enough and I bet I could come up with an hour's worth of favorites. That would put me at let's see........ some 60 there abouts And you know, it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind I will probably be back to post a few more minute favorites

BTW Ken, I absolutely love your Phillis!!!!!!!

bassbonediva

gorgeous and so unusual. Does he live in a community tank?

I wouldn't call it a "community" tank, to be honest. He has a 20gL Asian temple-themed tank all to himself with only three panda cories (whom he studiously ignores) for company. He's my most spoiled boy, but I've ALWAYS wanted a red dragon halfmoon plakat.

amberskye

I wouldn't call it a "community" tank, to be honest. He has a 20gL Asian temple-themed tank all to himself with only three panda cories (whom he studiously ignores) for company. He's my most spoiled boy, but I've ALWAYS wanted a red dragon halfmoon plakat.

lucky boy!!! hes wonderful

bassbonediva

So much for the studiously ignoring the panda cories...I glanced over a while ago to find Brisingr contentedly sitting at the bottom of a three cory pile-up in one corner of the tank. *sigh* I have such weird fish!

Bris says: "Who me?"

Eylisia

My lovely Mr. Puff ;D

Bondred

Bruce the red tail

Attachments

• rsz_gedc0025.JPG
    rsz_gedc0025.JPG
    359.8 KB · Views: 163

andrearamirezo91

Bruce the red tail

FINDING NEMO!!!! <3
lol sorry, I have quite an obsession with that movie, I am guessing that's where you got the name from?? ^^

Akari_32

My favorite fish would have to be Gambit, my halfmoon betta. He's such a goof! He prances around his tank, fins flared, just because he knows he's hot stuff XD

Alasse

My favorite at present

Adonis my pep BN

Attachments

• Adonis 26th Feb 2011.jpg
    Adonis 26th Feb 2011.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 168

andrearamirezo91

My favorite fish would have to be Gambit, my halfmoon betta. He's such a goof! He prances around his tank, fins flared, just because he knows he's hot stuff XD

OMG gambit is G O R G E O U S !!!!!! I absolutely love the color!!!! Where did you find him!?

I might be moving to florida in a couple of years so I'd definitely look for a Fish store that breeds their own ^^ I hope they're as beautiful as yours! you're lucky

Akari_32

OMG gambit is G O R G E O U S !!!!!! I absolutely love the color!!!! Where did you find him!?

My LFS breeds their betta stock, and they have a good line of pineapples going lol

I might be moving to florida in a couple of years so I'd definitely look for a Fish store that breeds their own ^^ I hope they're as beautiful as yours! you're lucky

^.^ They used to sell on Aquabid (MikesAquarium), but I haven't seen any on there in a while. His brother was actually on there, that's how I found out his coloring was called "pineapple" lol Now there are about 30 bettas, male and female, that look just like him at the store. I wish I could bring them all home!!

andrearamirezo91

save some for me!! ^^

Akari_32

Lol I wish! I don't even have the room for the ones I have XD

Bondred

Best. Fish. Name. Ever!

Thank you

FINDING NEMO!!!! <3
lol sorry, I have quite an obsession with that movie, I am guessing that's where you got the name from?? ^^

Yep sure did, gotta love Bruce!!

Jacker

Her names Crawdaunt

MD Angels

This is Miguel, my fave fish ever! Please don't judge, he is a lil less than perfect, but I love him !

Attachments

• 11793-miguel.jpg
    11793-miguel.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 137

1*Risk

My "Jewel" yes folks that's her name. Do I know for sure its a female? Nope; but she sure has a personality rubs on other Jewels assuming they are males and goes back to driftwood in corner. She changes colors often I guess depends on her mood...... But she is my favorite.

my new MG HM rosetail - Pontus

Very nice specimen I must say....WOW....!!

Attachments

• DSC_0152.jpg
    DSC_0152.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC_0159.jpg
    DSC_0159.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC_0202.jpg
    DSC_0202.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_0197.jpg
    DSC_0197.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_0163.jpg
    DSC_0163.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 101

andrearamirezo91

My "Jewel" yes folks that's her name. Do I know for sure its a female? Nope; but she sure has a personality rubs on other Jewels assuming they are males and goes back to driftwood in corner. She changes colors often I guess depends on her mood...... But she is my favorite.

Beautiful fish!! I'm not sure I've ever seen them before, excuse my ignorance haha but what type is she?

1*Risk

Beautiful fish!! I'm not sure I've ever seen them before, excuse my ignorance haha but what type is she?

Thanks! Red Jewel Cichlids aka "Hemichromis" Jewel cichlids are native to west Africa and northeast Africa. And from what I have just been reading up on its the other way around as one author explains males to be more vividly colored and females are more of a dull subdued color....."Scratching head confused now"

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
pepe
Replies
Views
KingJamal2
Replies
Views
The_fishy
Replies
Views