Let's Get This Done!!

Betta02

Hi All, I've had my 65 gallon up and running for several months now. Have never been happy with the stocking in it. I've returned and moved fish, and now need to make up my mind. I was planning on two Blood Parrots, had the tank all set up, but on waiting for them to come in to the LFS, I decided I really do love my Angelfish, and don't want to part with it. It is the underdog of two Angels I had, one being super aggressive, so I returned that one. I moved a few Guppies and my Dwarf Flame Gourami into a 20 gallon, mostly because the Gourami seemed super stressed in the the 65. I also moved over my few remaining Harlequin Rasboras into the 20 as well.
Today I rearranged the tank (again) taking out the terra cotta pots I had in there for the Parrots I won't be getting. I added in some taller plants again for my Angelfish.
My basic info is:

Aqueon 65 Gallon Tall 36x18x24
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5 - 10
PH 8 ish
Temp 77 - 80 F
I don't have a test kit for hardness, but our water is well water that is considered hard by most standards. The current stock I have is doing well. Have had no issues with acclimating new fish.
Weekly water changes of 30% or so

Current Stock:
1 Juvenile Veil Tail Angel
3 Male Guppies (could move these to my 20 if needed, I have room)
2 Albino Bristlenose Pleco (I believe I have a M/F pair!)
6 Bronze Cories (Have had these guys over a year now, don't want to part with them)

Although I'm tempted, I haven't gone in to my LFS, due to Covid. I have underlying health issues and am trying to avoid contact with other people as much as possible. I would like to be able to order some fish online, but don't know which places are recommended. Help here would be appreciated.
I guess I'm looking to do a peaceful community tank, love bright colors, but I'm really stuck on what else to put in this tank. I have to admit I've had a love/hate relationship with this one, just can't seem to get it where I want it. It's also a pain to work on. But, it's here, may as well fill it up! I'd love any recommendations you guys have, I'm not sure I want more bottom dwellers, as I don't see the ones I have much at all.
Thanks in advance, I always appreciate your input!

Kitley

Well Known
you have done well with a tall tank. I just looked into some and thought I would have trouble balancing decor...but yours looks great

New Threads