Lethargic Betta?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by crashdiamond, Apr 15, 2018.

1. crashdiamond

crashdiamondNew MemberMember

hello all! I believe I’ve posted about my betta fish before, but I’m having some concerns with him!

He seems not as vibrant as when I got him, and as of late, he seems not as interested in food in the past couple of days, and for the past two days, he’s been mostly hanging out at the bottom of his 5 gallon tank.

I did a water change less than a week ago and just got back from PetSmart so that I could get my water tested.

At the moment, there’s no ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, or chlorine in the water, according to the little report card I was given.

Water hardness is 75, or “soft”, alkalinity is 180, which is on the higher end of ideal, and my pH is 7.2-ish.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. Iverg1

Iverg1Well Known MemberMember

Are you over feeding him he could be bloated and that’s why he’s hanging out at the bottom

3. OP
    OP
    crashdiamond

That could be a possibility. I feed him the floating betta pellets, how often should I feed him?

4. OP
    OP
    crashdiamond

Here’s what he looks like, he’s just been in this nose-dive position all day. He’s gotten up to swim around a few times but yeah.

Attached Files:

5. Iverg1

Iverg1Well Known MemberMember

Pellets can often expand you should put the pellets in water for at least 10 minutes before feeding them to your Betta to make sure they have expanded fully I actually crush my pellets

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice