Lethargic Betta?

crashdiamond

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hello all! I believe I’ve posted about my betta fish before, but I’m having some concerns with him!

He seems not as vibrant as when I got him, and as of late, he seems not as interested in food in the past couple of days, and for the past two days, he’s been mostly hanging out at the bottom of his 5 gallon tank.

I did a water change less than a week ago and just got back from PetSmart so that I could get my water tested.

At the moment, there’s no ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, or chlorine in the water, according to the little report card I was given.

Water hardness is 75, or “soft”, alkalinity is 180, which is on the higher end of ideal, and my pH is 7.2-ish.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Iverg1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Are you over feeding him he could be bloated and that’s why he’s hanging out at the bottom

crashdiamond

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Iverg1 said:
Are you over feeding him he could be bloated and that’s why he’s hanging out at the bottom
That could be a possibility. I feed him the floating betta pellets, how often should I feed him?

crashdiamond

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Here’s what he looks like, he’s just been in this nose-dive position all day. He’s gotten up to swim around a few times but yeah.

Attachments

Iverg1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Pellets can often expand you should put the pellets in water for at least 10 minutes before feeding them to your Betta to make sure they have expanded fully I actually crush my pellets

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom