Lethargic Betta With Grayish-white Mouth

FreshestFreshwater

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I broke the filter a found by baffling it but luckily I found a new azoo mignon filter. But even on the lowest setting of this tiny filter, she’s getting tossed around....

Current set up

Attachments

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you have anything she can rest on?

AquaBaby

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
FreshestFreshwater said:
Current set up
I'm so sorry you're going through this! Okay, what jumps in my mind to may help the flow without possibly flooding your floor.... kinda make-shift here, but this is what I'm thinking....

Have an extra piece of sponge? In the picture, I marked purple where I might try to attach a piece... it looks like you might could rubber band around the lip of the outflow. Make sure the sponge stays below the rim of the tank. .. 20180818_220634.jpg .. I'll try to think of other ideas, too....

EDIT
Yay! You came up with something while I was typing!!

FreshestFreshwater

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Gypsy13 said:
Do you have anything she can rest on?
I can try to cut a plastic bottle for it float

She’s refusing to use the hammock

Nvm she couldn’t see it. But conditions aren’t looking any better. So sorry for the spam

Attachments

AquaBaby

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So, you've ran all over town, medicated, fixed QT, watched temp, baffled filter flow, have a hammock for her to rest on.... you're doing very good. Maybe you could dim the lights for her, too? I know it's hard because you want to be able to see if she needs anything that you can help her with, but she needs some rest from all she's been through today. You don't have to turn out the lights completely, that way you can still see her. She knows you're doing everything you can for her.

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Still praying...

FreshestFreshwater

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks everyone for all the help. But she unfortunately passed away overnight. My 10 gallon looks extremely barren without her.

emmysjj

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I’m so so sorry for your loss you did everything you possibly could. Sending you prayers <3

AquaBaby

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I am so sorry to hear. For your peace of mind, you really did do a great job. And, she got to pass as comfortably as possible. Be sure to tell your dad thanks for driving you around. You were there for her, he was there for you. My thoughts are with you today.

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was afraid to look this morning. I am so very sorry and agree that you did everything you could. Unfortunately, it looks like this was a very aggressive strain that moved very quickly through her. Once it’s in the gills, it’s tough to treat but you didn’t give up. I’m very proud of you and please thank your Dad from all of us on Fishlore for helping. You are lucky to have such a caring dad. You have learned from this and know what to do in the future although I hope you never deal with Columnaris again. Start a notebook and take notes as you treat various diseases and what you used. I refer to mine all the time. Treat the tank still. God bless you, Sweetie.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I too didn’t want to look. I’m so sorry. Let your dad hug you. Truly amazing guy! Sometimes these strains are just too fast. And having to travel from store to store is hard. And the bigger stores should be ashamed.
To be totally honest, as fast as it went through your lovely finbaby, even if you had the meds on hand, I don’t think it would’ve done any good. You tried so hard. You’re a great findad. My heart is with you.

DeltaEve

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Sorry for your loss!! This was a two tissue post

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom