Let See Your Guppy Breeding Set Up

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Bearwithfish, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Bearwithfish

Bearwithfish Valued Member Member

I am almost ready to start my 3x 20 long rack! I have a TON of ideas on what this will look like in the beginning and over time.

Of course I am constantly looking for inspiration, so please show off your Guppy Breeding set up..

All of them count. From the "oops I am suddenly accidentally breeding" to the full on "I am trying to perfect this guppy line"..

From planted to 100% artificial

:watching:

2. RainBetta

RainBetta Well Known Member Member

Nice! Mine is completely different! Here's how it works:

I have a bunch a male guppies in my tank, my friend has a bunch of females in her tank. I will lend her a male for a long period of time to impregnate her females in her tank. When they drop fry, we remove about half of the babies and put them in a self-sustained outdoor tub (55G) until they are large enough to be sold. Very complex. Good luck with your tanks!

3. r

rainlemongrass Valued Member Member

My set up is just a community tank (in a 38 bow front) and if they breed, they breed. I have a mesh breeder basket for any fry that I can rescue, then when they are 2 weeks old, I move them to the community tank where they can hide in the floating plants that are barricaded to that far left end by the magnetic shark decor. I’ve had 100’s of fry this way. My tank picked up a mystery disease though, so legit breeding is paused for the time being. The last female only dropped 7 fry, all of which are swimming happily in the community, and the last female might not survive until her drop. I can’t wait for the all clear in the tank though so I can be back at it.

Attached Files:

4. o

oldsalt777 Well Known Member Member

Hello Bear...

Attached is a pic of my Guppy breeding tank. 60 gallons with immersed house plants to maintain a balanced water chemistry. There are more than 100 adults and fry. I feed the adults often, so they don't bother the fry. This way, I have quite a few survivors.

Old

Attached Files:

5. OP
    OP
    Bearwithfish

Bearwithfish Valued Member Member

@RainBetta @rainlemongrass and @oldsalt777

Those are some BEAUTIFUL tanks!!!

Thank you for also including how you keep your guppies. This is helping me with my planning for short term and long term.!!

6. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

I dont have one but see many people use a rack and either have two 20 gallon longs full of guppys and on the bottom they got a whole bunch of 10 gallons laying side ways.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice