Let me know what you think...

1. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Well friday i get paid so i'm gonna pick up the new tank for the little girl.

So my budget is of about 420 pesos, which is ok. I am not going cheap this time, i noticed that within time its best to spend on the best products possible, as they are easier on the long run. So here's the plan:

1 5g glass tank ----------------> 100 pesos
    1 50W heater-------------------> 110 pesos
    1 ELITE Hush Pro from 5/20L-----> 167 pesos
    1 bag of gravel-------------------> 30 pesos
    1 digital thermometer-------------- 17 pesos

Total: 424

so its ok in my budget LOL

my question (as always LOL) are the Elite filters good? I just checked the brand of the filter as i dont want to go cheap on that stuff. Its a HOB with a flow lever and its supposed to be like really silent.... are they good?

well, let me know what you think. Thank you!
    :;hi1

2. redlessi Well Known Member Member

Do you have aquaclear filters in your area? I like those because they are silent and you have many options on what media you can use, they are also adjustable. I have not had the elite but the reviews says they are good.

3. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

hmmm i've seen the aquaclears but dont remember where LOL i think i'm gonna go with the elite, it seems like a good filter..

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:) Sounds good Tony!
    I only have mini elite for a 3g. I like it. It's internal and very quiet.

5. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks lucy. Is the flow strong? just wondering :p

6. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I miss the days when we used to shop in Mexico ... now they advise not to go to the border towns.. but the prices are so good, I could totally have MTS.

Tony, a quick google search seems to show that people like the elites... also, i trust the company.

7. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

I agree hagen makes good products. Border cities are the worst. If you come to mexico i suggest you come as central possible, the people are nicer and its not as dangerous. LOL

oh, btw, MTS is pretty expensive down here ;)

8. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I went to Monterrey during law school. The international law society at my school went to visit the law school there - it's incredible. And I've been to Cozumel, Cancun, Nuevo Laredo... I love Mexico.

As far as MTS being expensive, I guess that's probably the case everywhere. *sigh*

9. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

LOL monterrey, i havent been there yet, but am going after new years to visit my uncle. Its supposed to be really nice, so we'll see. The best city is queretaro though :D thats where i live, the cleanest place in all mexico :)

Did you visit the Tec de Monterrey?

I havent been to cancun or cozumel or nuevo laredo, but i want to :)

Ive been to:

Hermosillo sonora
    Acapulco Guerrero
    Cuernavaca morelos
    Mexico DF mexico (the pyramids are breathtaking!)
    hmmm cant remember LOL

10. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

yes, we visited the tec de monterrey.
    cancun, cozumel are pretty fun. my favorite place in all of mexico so far is a tourist attraction...lol called xel-ha

anyway, sorry for hijacking your thread, friend.

11. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

LOL its ok, its cool to know this :)

hmmm tec de monterrey... not the best... IMO its not very good at all, its just got a weird reputation LOL the funny thing is that you think its only in monterrey because of the name... but no... we have a tec de monterrey in every state of the country :giggle: LOL

If you ever come around again i will take you on a tour to my fav places LOL

12. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Tony. Sounds like a man with a plan :) I've never used the Elite filters. I do have the Hagen Aqua Clears HOB. Love 'em!
    Ken

13. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Hey Tony,

Sounds like you have it all figured out! Good luck and please keep us posted!:;hug2

14. DRock914 Member Member

Not wasting any time huh? Hagen makes both the elite and the aquaclear so it looks like you can trust the company. I have a little heater for my 2 gallon tank that is a visitherm and is pre-set to 78. Is that the type of heater you are going to buy? I can give a good recommendation on that product.

15. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

All my filters are Elite ones. I have a stingray 15, 2 stingray 10s and 2 mini filters. All very quiet and the mini ones can adjust the flow too so it's not too strong.
    I like them, good choice

16. ccb04 Well Known Member Member

Tony, are you talking about the Elite HOB with the dual outflow? I've been considering one of those (or an AquaClear 20) for an upcoming betta tank.

As mentioned, Hagen makes the Elite and AquaClear ... so it should be a good filter.

17. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

thanks ken! i've been told they are really quiet, which is what i need LOL

thanks DRock! The heater i'm going for is a ThermoJet 50W. I just recently bought the ThermoJet 75W for my 10g and its doing a great job, so i will go with the same brand. We dont get other brands here, other than the Hagen HOB ones which i would worry about the water level cracking it, so im just gonna use something i feel comfortable with LOL

Thanks! i've eyed them before but never had enough $$ for them LOL

I will! I can finally expand my MTS one tank at a time >:D

Yup thats it! it has 2 cascade outflows, i'll let you know how it works :)

18. ccb04 Well Known Member Member

Yeah Tony ... definitely let me know how it works.

19. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

:;th

I'll get it tomorrow and run it all night, then next morning i'll let you know how it goes LOL

20. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

I found with my filters (Stingray or Mini), that they are a little noisy at first but over a couple days they quiet right down (I can't sleep if there's even a teeny bit of noise), so they do get better. Don't know about the HOB one you're getting though. Just if it is a bit loud at first, bear with it and it will run itself in quickly