Let’s Talk Photography!

Pescado_Verde

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Magicpenny75 said:
Based on the pic of your mama...I think you should go for it!!
I told my photographer buddy about it and he gave me a link to the Strobist. So now I'm thinking about dropping some money on a lighting kit. It's always something! :)

Pescado_Verde

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Fantastic scenery there, Tony. Breathtaking really.

Here's a couple more from the horse show, a couple of guys with interesting faces (I thought).

DSC_9441_00001.jpg

DSC_9454_00001.jpg

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Went to Lake Gaston with my friend last weekend. After a night of soft rain, the sun on the oak trees outside her house as it came up over the hill on the other side of the cove was just beautiful:
Gaston sunrise.jpg
Gaston sunrise2.jpg

And the roses that were waiting for me when I came home to my dear husband weren't bad either!
roses.jpg

roses2.jpg

I hate that the second one didn't focus properly. My eyes don't always focus properly (I have ridiculous astigmatism) so I rely on the AF. I was messing with the exposure because the backlighting from the sun coming in the window was really bright and I wanted to see the roses as well. I guess somewhere in there I must have let the focus go somewhere I didn't want it. Also please forgive the inclusion of the pepper grinder that I just saw haha.
Photos taken with my Motorola Z3 Play.

Pescado_Verde

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
@toeknee I meant to ask, what lens are you using for your outdoors stuff? We don't have the breathtaking scenery here that you do there but I would like to get out and maybe shoot some stuff with my 18-55mm, thinking more in the shorter focal length type shots.

toeknee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm not using any particularly shnazzy for my lenses. I have 3 main lenses I use also including the 18-55mm, a 35mm prime lens, and a 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR lens I got used from Adorama.com for a couple hundred dollars. The 35mm Prime lens was less than 200 too.

Pescado_Verde

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
toeknee said:
I'm not using any particularly shnazzy for my lenses. I have 3 main lenses I use also including the 18-55mm, a 35mm prime lens, and a 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR lens I got used from Adorama.com for a couple hundred dollars. The 35mm Prime lens was less than 200 too.
Same exact lenses here plus I also bought an 85mm Nikon f1.8 that has become my go-to lens. I need to get more use out of the kit lenses. My professional sports photographer friend swears by the 18-55mm, he bought his used for around $70 and says it's one of the sharpest lenses in his bag. Loves that it's so lightweight and compact too. Obviously he's not using it for sports, just as a general purpose lens to keep handy when he's out and about. Pretty sure he doesn't leave his house without a camera in the car so that's one of a couple lenses that he now carries everywhere.

EDIT: My 70-300 is not VR, it's a lot less expensive than that lens. It came with the D3500.

fish 321

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
So this was my firts time taking a picture of something in the water. Anyone have any sugustions what could be done better?
PSX_20191120_105701.jpg

fish 321

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Pescado_Verde said:
I think it could probably use some corn meal and hot grease, but that's just me. ;)
Thanks for the advice, next time I'll add some cornmeal and grease and hopefully that would make the image look more appealing.

Pescado_Verde

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
fish 321 said:
Thanks for the advice, next time I'll add some cornmeal and grease and hopefully that would make the image look more appealing.
Definitely more appetizing! I do like me some raw fish too though, so there's that.

lisa99

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I’ve asked Santa for camera filters for my iPhone. I would love to be able to take macro shots of cool stuff in my new fishy world. I know this is a thread for ‘real’ camera photography but if you have recommended brands I’m all ears!

fish 321

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
lisa99 said:
I’ve asked Santa for camera filters for my iPhone. I would love to be able to take macro shots of cool stuff in my new fishy world. I know this is a thread for ‘real’ camera photography but if you have recommended brands I’m all ears!
With photography its not about the camera its about whose behind it.

lisa99

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The issue I have with my iPhone is when I try to zoom in really close the camera won’t focus. Suggestions?

fish 321

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
lisa99 said:
The issue I have with my iPhone is when I try to zoom in really close the camera won’t focus. Suggestions?
I am not to sure how well the phone macro lenses work. How close do you want your subject to look?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom