lesson well learned

1. redlessi Well Known Member Member

I got 4 panda cories on Sunday, the lfs just got them in that day. By Monday there was only 1 left. Today I went back for an exchange and got 3 replacements and what a difference. They had a chance to adjust to the tank there and I took longer to acclimate them to my tank this time. Now I have one happy family of 4 again.

I will never buy fish on the first day of their arrival at the lfs.

2. Shadowbeam Member Member

We've all had to learn tough lessons, glad yours worked out ok though, happy to hear you have your happy family again :)

3. Borisbbadd Guest

Glad you were able to replace them, and that they are all doing well.......:;th

4. redlessi Well Known Member Member

Thanks much, even the manager asked the clerk did they just come in. Why do they let you buy fish that just came in if they know that they are not adjusted and will most likely not make the transition to another tank again the same day?

5. Shadowbeam Member Member

Becuase unfortunately LFS's tend to just want to make a sale :(

6. redlessi Well Known Member Member

Thats really sad. But luckily I got 3 more as replacements and they are doing great. I love those little fish, so much personality. I will never buy fish on the first day of arrival again. Its a shame I had to learn that at the expense of 3 innocent fish.

7. Shadowbeam Member Member

*hugs* It wasn't your fault and at least you have your family of fish again :)

8. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Most often they do make the transition IME. When I worked at a LFS, I used to take home fish on the day of arrival quite a bit. I wouldn't have tried it with panda cories though; IME they are a delicate species that tend to ship poorly. Sorry you had problems with your cories. I'm sure your new ones will do a lot better. :)

9. redlessi Well Known Member Member

I wont be willing to take that chance again, not after watching 3 fish die overnight. I know it was not my fault but it was not a good feeling.:'(

Thankfully, the new ones did much better.