Lesions On Betta. Help Please!

1. saalice729

saalice729 New Member Member

Hello all! I posted a thread a few days ago called "adopted a sick betta". This is a continuation of that, but I wanted to make a new thread because I really need some help.

The betta I adopted was very lethargic and laying on his side at the bottom when I received him. He's perked up a bit, and since he's swimming a bit more I got a closer look at him. He's got lesions on his head! My first thought was hole in head, but I know that's not very common in bettas. I'll post some photos. I'm trying to decide the best course of treatment. I'm still maintaining 40-50% water changes daily, and I have gotten him to eat twice now. It was an unexpected adoption, so I didn't have a cycled tank for him, but the ammonia and nitrites are low due to the daily WC. (Probably not 0, but under .2) Please, any help would be appreciated! I'm really trying to help this little guy. 20180616_105301.jpg 20180616_105301.jpg 20180616_105257.jpg

2. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

It looks like HITH (hole in the head). I haven't personal treated it, so I don't feel comfortable giving a medical recommendation, but if you use the search feature on here and search "HITH" "hole in the head" and "hexamita" you should find some good medications