Leopard Danio extremely small

Laurytheflowerchild

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
HI guys! So my fish has been small and thin for a while now. I have searched everywhere for possible illnesses that it might have to do with the black patch of scales and emancipated appearance. I couldn’t find anything like it so I did try treating with Malifix for a while, but to no avail. It eats normally, swims round the tank (although does tend to struggle due to its size against the pump). All my other Danios are good sizes and appear to be very active and happy. Anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be or suggest treatments I can try?

I do weekly water chances and feed them once a day with either tropical fish flakes or Bloodworms. All water conditions stated in my bio for those that are interested.

Attachments

yeti79

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks like wasting disease. Try treating it for parasites. Most danios I've had like that do not recover however

OP
Laurytheflowerchild

Laurytheflowerchild

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yeti79 said:
Looks like wasting disease. Try treating it for parasites. Most danios I've had like that do not recover however
Any idea what to treat it with? I’ve looked everywhere and there is nothing on what exactly to use...

yeti79

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FinalFins said:
You need Flubendazole for wasting disease, not GC

But I agree it does look like wasting disease but has it been eating?
May be why I haven't had any luck with saving mine that had it!

New Threads