Legos in an Aquarium?

Walan20

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Right now I'm 11, and I was thinking about aquarium themes. Then I went to my friend's birthday party, and he received a lego set that would make a medieval castle. I was thinking that if I built the lego underwater, the oxygen would be replaced by water. If i were to have a 55 gallon tank (when i grow up) i would fill it with african cichlids, and have the tank completely lego themed. Imagine the bright colors of cichlids with legos. But the main question is: Will it work? Will the fish like it? How much time will it take? How much money would you invest if you were to fill 3/4 of a 55 gallon tank with legos? How long will the legos last?

Just some of my ideas and questions. Want to see pictures!

JustMe

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I made a Lego hideaway for my smaller tank once. It grows a slime and starts to become dull in color over time, but with regular washes it should be fine.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sounds interesting. Yeah, I remembered the other old threads where members tried to do legos too. One of them managed to pull it off. I'm sure you can do it too! Don't forget hoto:

KristinAnn

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I read a lot of the old posts, and they seem safe for the immediate, but I'm worried about them creating anaerobic spaces in the aquarium. This especially worries me in the instance where they used a green lego base under substrate to keep it down.

Couldn't this create an anaerobic space in which anaerobic bacteria may begin to produce dangerous compounds (I forget which it is- hydrogen sulfide?)

kelcylane

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
a spongebob one would be nice :

haha.

but i want to see if my grandma will let me have some legos. then im gonna have tons of fin..err..i mean fun.

Last edited:

fishyfishyfishy13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
the only problem I can ever think of is keeping them under water im 15 and i remember just several years ago trying to build a submarine out of legos but i could never get it to sink but good luck with yours im sure theres some way to do it easily i was (and still am) a slow child

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom