Led Recommendations

GCaquariums

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi Guys,

My fluorescent bulb holder/hood broke the other day and I think I'm ready to go for an LED lighting system. Was just wondering what you guys recommend. I have a 20 gal long and would be prefer to order through Amazon but Petsmart/Petco is also an option.

Thanks everyone!

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What type of system do you own. I don't know if you want functionality or if your just going for looks.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I love my finnex 24/7 planted +, looks very natural and is beautiful IMO. I have 2 now and love the things, espically if your looking to get into some of the higher light plants.

GCaquariums

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
DutchAquarium said:
What type of system do you own. I don't know if you want functionality or if your just going for looks.
I do have a heavy planted tank, but I also heard that LED lights are much less likely to break. I would rather invest in an LED system than to keep replacing my flourescent bulbs and hoods.

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
If you want to go big, the Finnex 24/7 is the way to go.

If you want a cheaper light that can do well for a planted tank, look into the Beamswork lights. I have one on my 20 long and all of the plants are doing well. It's about half the cost of the Finnex lights.

Here's the Amazon link.

It's a bit more expensive now. I got mine for $35 for Christmas.

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
finnex 24/7 is the best light if you are looking for a cheaper alternative. However, if you want a high quality light that tops everything and will last, go with a twin star. they are a bit expensive, but they top everything. finnex 24/7 doesn't bring out the red colors as well, as some of the twin star lights.

GCaquariums

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
75g Discus Tank said:
If you want to go big, the Finnex 24/7 is the way to go.

If you want a cheaper light that can do well for a planted tank, look into the Beamswork lights. I have one on my 20 long and all of the plants are doing well. It's about half the cost of the Finnex lights.

Here's the Amazon link.

It's a bit more expensive now. I got mine for $35 for Christmas.
Looks like the Beamswork is what I will get! Quick question before I order, will the 80cm/30in version fit on my 20gal long? Other than that thanks so much for your help!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom