Led Recommendations

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by GCaquariums, May 25, 2018.

1. GCaquariumsNew MemberMember

Hi Guys,

My fluorescent bulb holder/hood broke the other day and I think I'm ready to go for an LED lighting system. Was just wondering what you guys recommend. I have a 20 gal long and would be prefer to order through Amazon but Petsmart/Petco is also an option.

Thanks everyone!

2. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

What type of system do you own. I don't know if you want functionality or if your just going for looks.

3. Platylover

PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

I love my finnex 24/7 planted +, looks very natural and is beautiful IMO. I have 2 now and love the things, espically if your looking to get into some of the higher light plants.

4. OP
    OP
    G

GCaquariumsNew MemberMember

I do have a heavy planted tank, but I also heard that LED lights are much less likely to break. I would rather invest in an LED system than to keep replacing my flourescent bulbs and hoods.

5. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus TankFishlore VIPMember

6. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

finnex 24/7 is the best light if you are looking for a cheaper alternative. However, if you want a high quality light that tops everything and will last, go with a twin star. they are a bit expensive, but they top everything. finnex 24/7 doesn't bring out the red colors as well, as some of the twin star lights.

7. OP
    OP
    G

GCaquariumsNew MemberMember

Looks like the Beamswork is what I will get! Quick question before I order, will the 80cm/30in version fit on my 20gal long? Other than that thanks so much for your help!

8. midna

midnaWell Known MemberMember

the 30 inch will fit your 20l

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice