Led Recommendations

1. G

GCaquariums New Member Member

Hi Guys,

My fluorescent bulb holder/hood broke the other day and I think I'm ready to go for an LED lighting system. Was just wondering what you guys recommend. I have a 20 gal long and would be prefer to order through Amazon but Petsmart/Petco is also an option.

Thanks everyone!

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

What type of system do you own. I don't know if you want functionality or if your just going for looks.

3. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

I love my finnex 24/7 planted +, looks very natural and is beautiful IMO. I have 2 now and love the things, espically if your looking to get into some of the higher light plants.

4. OP
    OP
    G

I do have a heavy planted tank, but I also heard that LED lights are much less likely to break. I would rather invest in an LED system than to keep replacing my flourescent bulbs and hoods.

5. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

6. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

finnex 24/7 is the best light if you are looking for a cheaper alternative. However, if you want a high quality light that tops everything and will last, go with a twin star. they are a bit expensive, but they top everything. finnex 24/7 doesn't bring out the red colors as well, as some of the twin star lights.

7. OP
    OP
    G

Looks like the Beamswork is what I will get! Quick question before I order, will the 80cm/30in version fit on my 20gal long? Other than that thanks so much for your help!

8. midna

midna Well Known Member Member

the 30 inch will fit your 20l