Question Led lighting is it ok

grfresconero

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I got this multi colored 80 led strip 10000k with a remote controller for 49 euro.
Now what i am asking is it ok, it`s got red,green, blue & pure white with dim control & all the inbetween color phases
you can imagine. Plant`s like it and all my fish got really good color`s.
AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL FROM GREECE MAY ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE.

AquariaUK

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi!
I'm not an expert on lighting but I think it should be ok, I've heard people use it. The reds are meant to help photosynthesis or something
And a happy new year!

grfresconero

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi!
I'm not an expert on lighting but I think it should be ok, I've heard people use it. The reds are meant to help photosynthesis or something
And a happy new year!
Thank`s for your reply. Am asking if you know about which colors calm my pet`s down.
The lighting is not like Christmas lights, but change from one color to the next as i choose.

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Is it a DIY fixture, or do you have a product link?
Which tank is it on and what is the height of the tank?
What wattage are the diodes?

If it's around 18" high, you could be ok for plants. Generally around 18" is the max/border line for 6700k [T5's] [I think, without cross checking]

10000k tends to be better suited for 2 foot tanks.

Of course, the above is based on the lights being directly above the tank, if you have them raised (about 4", 10cm) you may be ok. LEDs are relatively new to FW planted aquariums, so I'm not entirely sure how it works [I'm better with Reef tanks and LED]

The colours in your fixture seem pretty good though, just might be a matter of height.

See if the following gives you some help: https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/lighting/133645-2900-lumen-leds.html

grfresconero

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yes it`s DIY fixture ,just a strip of LED`s 2.5 meter long with double adhisive bought at a electric super store ,the depth is 12 inch`s. The pic tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom