Led Lighting Comparable To Original Finnex Fugeray. Question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by troyvsc, Apr 14, 2018.

1. troyvsc

troyvsc Well Known Member Member

I am looking for an LED light comparable to the original Finnex Fugeray. I need it for a 75 gallon tank with low light plants. I don't see it being sold anymore and Finnex seems to be having issues with their power supply. I have a FugeRay. 2 Finnex 24/7s and Finnex Planted Tank+ and have never had any issues and always have been more than happy with the lights.

Here is the catch. This is for my dad's tank. My dad is 71 and does not like all the bells and whistles that come with some models of LED lights. He just wants an on/off switch on a light that is bright.

I originally bought him a Finnex Fugeray which lasted a few years before the power supply went out he threw away the whole unit before I could tell him it was just the power supply). I then bought him this light. Which is not very bright and was disappointed.
    Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Light for Aquarium
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C7OTJ7C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Right now he has a Finnex Planted 24/7 (my light for a tank in building stage). He won't use the 24/7 feature. He hates the remote. I love this light and will be taking it back when I order him another light.

Whats a good budget friendly simple LED light that is good enough for low light plants and bright enough to light a 75 gallon.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Why not a Finnex Stingray? Even the Planted Plus is easy to use as well. If you get him a timer, he wouldn't even need to flip a switch :) I have both on various tanks and I love them.

3. OP
    OP
    troyvsc

troyvsc Well Known Member Member

Was thinking along the lines of a Planted+.

The stingray seems like to little light. Was thinking Monsterray.

It’s been a few years since I bought lights and it seems like just from readings that there has been complaints about quality with Finnex not sure how true but did have a power supply go bad on 1 of 6 lights I have had.

4. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Stingray shouldn't be too little for low light plants. Monster Ray is likely too much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice