LED Light Remember Settings When Off?

SC_Gman

I'm looking for a 30" LED light that remembers the settings (dimmer, color, etc.) when powered off so I can use it with an external WiFi timer. Most of the lights I can find seem to only remember if you use a brand specific inline timer with light still on constant power. The Nicrew SkyLED Plus may do what I want, but the reviews aren't clear. I don't know if any can confirm this. It would be on a 56 gallon (36x18x21 high) and would only need to be low to medium light at most.

Linda1234

I know with fluval the settings are saved in the app and you have to connect via the app to restore the setting. I think that is also true of the chirios.

Upvote 0

DrPleconstein

I use a fluval planted 3.0 and it is all included. You can set the time the brightness, color, etc. Can have it come on slowly or off slowly or switch led color at some point.

Upvote 0

SC_Gman

Thanks. I did some more checking, and it seems the Nicrew SkyLED returns to default settings when powered off as well. The Fluval Planted 3.0 also doesn't have a 30" model. Agreed the more expensive higher cost planted systems have the functionality. The reason I wanted to use the external WiFi timer vs the internal is that I have a number of them across all of my other tanks so its simpler for control to be all in one place. I did this on another tank already with a WiFi dimmer switch and T5HO bulbs, and was trying to see what I could use for an LED equivalent.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Miller34
Replies
Views
DarkOne
Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies