Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainy day

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello,

After seeing how well my friend's plants have been growing with LEDs I've decided I'm finally going to change out the fixture on my 46 gallon. The only issue is I know nothing about LEDs , hence this thread.

I'm currently running a 2x T5HO fixture with very good reflectors on my tank, they need to penetrate 20 inches and should, theoretically,be giving me a par value of around 100-120 at the substrate level though I haven't verified that. I'm looking for a LED fixture that can give me a similar par value and hopefully a pleasant color rendition (I'm currently running a 10k white + 6500k blue bulb). If you have any suggestions let me know! Also, I'm Canadian so bare that in mind when giving suggestions

Apologies for not doing the research myself, maybe I'm just burnt out from all the exam prep + lack of sleep but I really couldn't understand what I was reading. If you could link me an article thats succinct and clear that'd be just as appreciated.

Thanks !

Back40Guppy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Going to need to know lumens of current set up I believe. Color temp shouldn’t be hard but those t5ho are bright. For instance, I have a Current 48 B/W on my 75 gallon. Love the color. I can control blue and white intensity independently with both on. NOT bright enough. I think I would need two of them. I’m sure you can find what you’re looking for but be prepared to pay. Good lighting is getting right up there with filtration. Lot of people swear by Fluval’s latest offerings. I think that Current ran me $70US. I’m getting another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom