55 Gallon Tank LED Aquarium lights?

inari
Hey guys,

I am getting the equipment around for my 55-gallon. I have not yet started cycling it and I do not have yet have plants in it. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this light
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0191EWII2/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=A33ZKFW4KOEZQ4&psc=1

I found it on Amazon, and the wife and I think it would be a great addition to the tank (it comes in various sizes so I would order whatever size I needed) I'm wondering if this would be good for a planted tank. It says up to medium light requirements but I wasn't sure if anyone had experience with these. I am thinking of going pretty low-tech when it comes to my plants. As much as I love plants, I don't want to go over board (because let's face it you can do that easily with fish)

Thanks.

Betta'sAnonymous
All i know about any lights for planted tanks is for awhile, a lot of people on here were raving about the NiCrews like this.

SouthAmericanCichlids
I don't have experience with this one, but I hear this one recommended a lot. Seems to be cheap and good for the price.

ChrissFishes01
I've never used a NiCrew light, but people seem to like them.

I'd recommend getting a 48" Finnex Stingray - I find them to be a good fit for most of my tanks.

Phantom240
I would suggest going with the version for planted tanks, as it incorporates red LEDs, since the original version lacked in the red department, which will cause slower plant growth.

inari
Phantom240 said:
I would suggest going with the version for planted tanks, as it incorporates red LEDs, since the original version lacked in the red department, which will cause slower plant growth.
Will the lack of red actually hurt the plants? Honestly it is kind of close to a window to get some natural light as well. Not all day but it should get some.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom