Leaving For A Couple Days...

KaitKat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Will my fish be okay for 2-3 days without the tank lights being turned on? I don't have timers yet and don't have time to get some before I leave. The room won't have any natural light either (no windows to open even if I wanted to)

Inno

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
It won't hurt, my tanks seem cleaner after a vacation lol.

One time I asked a family member "whom I thought knew better" to feed a tank for me while away. They dumped a TON of pellets into my tank.

Adrian Burke

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If youre very worried about no food, you can get one of those 3 day feeder tablets. No light shouldnt be a problem.

emmysjj

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
If you get someone to come care for them, use a pill box to put their food portions in. Boom! No overfeeding.

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Inno said:
It won't hurt, my tanks seem cleaner after a vacation lol.

One time I asked a family member "whom I thought knew better" to feed a tank for me while away. They dumped a TON of pellets into my tank.
I pre-portion food into ziplock bags & tape them to the front of the tank (trick learned from Rachel O’Leary on YouTube).

But I only do this for about 2 days when we are gone over a week.

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Mom2some said:
I pre-portion food into ziplock bags & tape them to the front of the tank (trick learned from Rachel O’Leary on YouTube).

But I only do this for about 2 days when we are gone over a week.
I’ll use this!

I’ll be gone for 3 weeks in August.

The last time I trusted somebody with feeding my tank, they deliberately doubled the food amounts to, “Make the fish happier”.

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I leave my fish for a week or more a few times a year with no food (my lights are on a timer). No food or lights for a few days is easy.

KaitKat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yeah I know no food would be fine and they wouldn't even be a full 3 days without it anyway the way the trip worked out. I've just never had to worry about light before since the old room was full of windows. Thanks guys!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom