Learning Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtledrew15

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello all, I'm sure you have heard of or watched the Animal Planet show "Tanked" where Acrylic Tank Manufacturing builds custom aquariums for people and has little bits to teach.
Well in one of the episodes I remember there being these little butterfly looking toys or tools that Wayde King dropped into a sump to demonstrate how water flows through the sump to other people.
If anyone could tell me the name of those or give a link to where I can purchase some it would be greatly appreciated so I can show my peers and others online the same thing!
It would be a fun little thing for a kid to try and learn from. Much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Giving this a bump up for you

stella1979

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hmmm, I have seen several episodes of Tanked, (though, don't take stocking advice from them, lol), but I do not remember the butterfly experiment. I do have two little girls though, and they have lots of toys. Were they small fabric butterfly's? This is the toy that came to mind when I read your post. Check the photos out at this link. I'd imagine the light butterfly's might do what you want, though the fabric feels a little plastic-y, so they may float and/or be difficult to water log.

Turtledrew15

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hmmm, I have seen several episodes of Tanked, (though, don't take stocking advice from them, lol), but I do not remember the butterfly experiment. I do have two little girls though, and they have lots of toys. Were they small fabric butterfly's? This is the toy that came to mind when I read your post. Check the photos out at this link. I'd imagine the light butterfly's might do what you want, though the fabric feels a little plastic-y, so they may float and/or be difficult to water log.
They look so very similar to those! Maybe those are it or are close enough, I can't recall the episode and i'm not sure I want to watch them all to find it just to have them not say what they are called haha. But thank you, I can try those maybe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom