Leaf Zone, Seachem Flourish Or Flourish Excel?

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
None of those, Nilocg Thrive or Thrive C depending on your light - what light do you have?

API leaf zone only has potassium and iron, while plants need 14+ nutrients. Seachem flourish is very low on some important macronutrients.

Excel is not a fertilizer, it's a carbon substitute that is supposed to replace CO2 but doesn't. I believe it may help a tiny bit, and it is also great at killing algae (it's only ingredient is a biocide called glutaraldehyde)

Rhouser

Reaction score
Well, ThriveC is geared towards low tech and regular Thrive is for any tank. Thrive will add more nutrients per dose. Light drives growth so the fertilizer will depend on how much growth you get.
I also only have a gravel base substrate

Somthingfishy01

Valued Member
Reaction score
To answer your question, I would say leaf zone.
It has only iron and pottassium yes but from what I've been able to research those are the two most important nutrients for green leaves and plant growth.
I'm NOT saying other nutrients aren't needed but there's a reason the majority of fertilizers have iron and potassium even if it doesn't have the other ones.

GlennO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Any will help - Flourish, Leaf Zone, Profito etc.

Do you know your nitrate and phosphorous levels? If the tank is lightly stocked with fish and with plenty of plants their levels might be low enough to use an all-in-one (macro + micro nutrient) fertiliser at low light dose rates.

OhDaniGirl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I started with Flourish, and my plants did...okay, I guess. I switched to ThriveC when that ran out, and my plants exploded. I would highly recommend the Thrive products.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom