Lchi’s Wedding “build” :)

Lchi87

So I got engaged!
e83e44fcae8896f3169ba1428af95734.jpg
At the request of Dave125g and others, I am going to chronicle my journey through what comes after; putting together a ceremony and swingin’ party to celebrate and all the craziness that comes with it!

So let’s start from the beginning; after 4 years of dating, my sweet boyfriend S popped the question at a park after we had crossed the finish line of a walk we joined. I was caught completely off guard and at first I couldn’t make sense of why he was all of a sudden on bended knee with a ring.

Here I am in a moment of confusion, looking at my mom for some sort of confirmation as to what was happening lol:
841418bd203ae7dacaaac1c9237b59b0.jpg

Here is where I lose it, squeak out a confused “yes...!?” and start bawling:
dc2c478e7b47be616032a69551c5896f.jpg

My sister snapping a photo of the ring:
b5fc83947220fbbcfcf0745bd1222bb7.jpg
1632ac5e35ed306f7af71ba039378a70.jpg

Posing with the fam!
0d44bcc9457380473174f511179618b9.jpg

And some fun photos of the happy couple
a57a576e983de0e93015e79f9d67c2f3.jpg
9ad2aec10e96816df37cc855a6b753c7.jpg
0efcdb89f7b75011a95961eb437491cc.jpg

Thank you for indulging me and more to come!

KinsKicks

OMG Lchi87!! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! You two are such a beautiful couple and I know you're going to look absolutely gorgeous on your wedding day

GoldFiska

Very happy for you. These photos are just too cute

junebug

Congrats!

Protim Sarkar

Congrats Lchi87 !!!!

Dave125g

Beautiful ring. Beautiful family. Touching moment. Thank you for including your fishlore family in this joyous life changing event. Is there a date set yet?

Ohio Mark

I am SO happy you are going to keep us in the loop. Looking forward to reading more. Great photos!

2211Nighthawk

Woohoo! Way to go girl! You guys are adorable!

Betrayer

So excited to follow this thread!!! This is great.

DioAquatics

Super happy for you lchi! You can clearly tell you guys love each other to pieces and I wish you nothing but the best in this new chapter of your lives together

tfreema

This is going to be so much fun to follow along!!!
Congratulations again!! Such an exciting time for you. Thanks so much for sharing with your Fishlore friends!

Jocelyn Adelman

Congrats!!!!!!! So exciting! I love the pictures, really tells the story!!

Galathiel

Best wishes for a very happy life together! Thanks for taking us along on the journey.

Cherie G

How wonderful! Congrats Lchi87!

Fanatic

You are so beautiful! Congratulations on this great event!

FlutterFish

Finally found this thread!!

Ahhh this is so lovely!! Better than all the rom-coms I've been binging!!!

cadd

Congrats!!! Beautiful pictures and gorgeous shiny ring!

jdhef

Congrats!!!

tyguy7760

congrats again...and subbing!

Bruxes and Bubbles

Oh, my gosh! Congratulations! You're so pretty!

Lucy

Congratulations!! How exciting!
Best wishes on your beautiful journey together.

AngelTheGypsy

Congratulations!

Lchi87

Thank you everyone for the well wishes and beautiful compliments! I’m thrilled to be able to share this with all of you. This is going to be so much fun!!

Dave125g we haven’t set a date yet but we’ll definitely keep you all posted

So anyone that’s been married or has had experience planning a wedding; any advice you would give a newly engaged bride to be? I’d love to hear from all of you, as I am so totally overwhelmed! (In a good way!)

AngelTheGypsy

My advice: do what you want, and what you can afford. Have fun with it, try not to let is stress you out. Delegate if need be. Do one thing at a time. Try to keep it simple.
Biggest thing? Don’t let the photographer turn your wedding into a photo shoot. Have a party the photographer takes pictures of. (My photographer said, okay, cut the cake! Okay, garter! Now throw the bouquet! It made it feel like the only reason those things were done was for pictures)

Lchi87

AngelTheGypsy said:
My advice: do what you want, and what you can afford. Have fun with it, try not to let is stress you out. Delegate if need be. Do one thing at a time. Try to keep it simple.
Biggest thing? Don’t let the photographer turn your wedding into a photo shoot. Have a party the photographer takes pictures of. (My photographer said, okay, cut the cake! Okay, garter! Now throw the bouquet! It made it feel like the only reason those things were done was for pictures)
Thank you Angel, that’s actually really helpful. I hadn’t even thought of what to do for photography but it definitely is important to me to get nice photos that don’t look staged and feel natural!

Coradee

I know I’ve already said congratulations but thought I’d do it here too
I’d agree with Angels advice, do what you & your fiancé want to do not what others think you should do, & try not to stress over it too much.
Look forward to seeing the wedding pics

Dawn Michele

Congratulations!!! My VERY BEST to the both of you!!! May you have a long,beautiful life together!!!!

JeffK

Congratulations! Since I'm also a runner, and noticed this happened at a race, I have to ask... Was this before or after you crossed the finish line?

vikingkirken

Don't get into a ton of debt over a wedding, and don't push the date way out to afford something extravagant. It's one day--you want it to be memorable and special, but guess what, it WILL be, no matter how fancy the venue is or how much you pay per plate for food. So much more important to start out your marriage without that debt hanging over you, or maybe even with a house downpayment!

Also, try not to stress about little things going wrong. Those are the things that you'll remember and laugh about for years after

Dave125g

My advise is to assign a close friend or family member to plan the wedding. You don't want to do it yourself. Don't be a bridezilla. That way you can enjoy the process.

Lchi87

Coradee said:
I know I’ve already said congratulations but thought I’d do it here too
I’d agree with Angels advice, do what you & your fiancé want to do not what others think you should do, & try not to stress over it too much.
Look forward to seeing the wedding pics
Thanks again Coradee I will try my utmost not to stress!
JeffK said:
Congratulations! Since I'm also a runner, and noticed this happened at a race, I have to ask... Was this before or after you crossed the finish line?
Thank you!!!

He waited till after we crossed the finish line to pop the question
vikingkirken said:
Don't get into a ton of debt over a wedding, and don't push the date way out to afford something extravagant. It's one day--you want it to be memorable and special, but guess what, it WILL be, no matter how fancy the venue is or how much you pay per plate for food. So much more important to start out your marriage without that debt hanging over you, or maybe even with a house downpayment!

Also, try not to stress about little things going wrong. Those are the things that you'll remember and laugh about for years after
Thanks vikingkirken I will definitely try to stay grounded. We already told ourselves to be smart about this because I think owning a home is a huge priority for us, much more so than a crazy expensive wedding. But I absolutely need to have yummy food!

I think not stressing over the little stuff will be a challenge since I’m very type A but I will definitely try!
Dave125g said:
My advise is to assign a close friend or family member to plan the wedding. You don't want to do it yourself. Don't be a bridezilla. That way you can enjoy the process.
I’m already thinking of asking my sister to be my MOH. She’s not afraid to tell me when I’m behaving poorly so hopefully that means any bridezilla moments will be minimal lol.

bgclarke

Congratulations!

When we got married 21 years ago, we paid for everything upfront so we had no debt associated with the wedding.

stella1979

Oh my gosh Lchi!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could love your first post like 100 times! In the short time I've 'known' you I can tell what a kind and beautiful person you are, and you deserve the best! Beautiful girl, smart guy and a lovely ring

So glad that you're going to chronicle your journey and share it with us. I'll be happily following along. :joyful: Great advice from Angel & VikingKirken, as someone who stressed out bad on the wedding morning and ended up really angry with the photographer at my wedding, I couldn't agree more with everything they've said!

That said, I'd love to see some wedding pictures folks!! I'll be happy to share one of mine here if that's appropriate, but I'd sure love to see some of you do the same. What do you guys think?

tfreema

Ha! Mine are from 28 years ago so they would be a source of much laughter.

stella1979

Smiles perhaps, but no ridicule like laughter. I was just looking at some very old extended family pictures yesterday. Wedding and baby pics from the 60's! They were awesome to see! My own wedding pics will be 10 years old next year.

Lchi87

What a great idea stella1979 !! Please share photos! You too tfreema!! And anyone else who wants to share actually.

AngelTheGypsy

I’ll have to dig them up. They’re around here somewhere...

Dave125g

I can blow up your thread with pictures. Like the cake fight my wife and I had when we were supposed to be feeding each other. I won't tho. I'll just post a picture of our engagement photo.33b6dd6bb0bd91af227ff0fb322c4cf4.jpg

RedLoredAmazon

I agree with all the fantastic advice that you have gotten so far. I saved money on my wedding/reception by buying the bridesmaid version of the wedding dress I really loved. If I feel braver, I will post pictures of my dress (this is the only place I exist online). We decided we wanted to spend more on our honeymoon rather than the wedding and reception.

Do what you guys want and what makes you happy.

stella1979

I have tons of pictures taken by guests that I much prefer to this formal one, but I'll keep those to myself, haha.

Please forgive the picture of a picture guys, but here we are almost 10 years ago.
20171127_184318.jpg

Top Bottom