Lchi’s Sw Build- 10g To Im25 Lagoon!

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
grantm91 said:
Oooosh absolute fire !! I love this lagoon. OBD did you favor with his garbage customer service what an absolute top job you have done. I so envy the lagoon, hate trying to stuff corals into the little red sea. Your grafted Cap resembles a bleeding apple scoly so much lol
Thanks G! I do believe everything happens for a reason and I am very happy with the space the lagoon offers, I can’t imagine trying to cram all this into a 10g cube! Sounds like you’re ready for an upgrade though I still love what you’ve done with the red sea despite the space constraints you’ve got and am so glad I started following your first salty thread here a long time ago because you’re one of the first people who showed me the beauty that is reef keeping. And yes! I never noticed till you said something but it’s definitely the monti cap version of a bleeding apple scoly haha!

Cameron92

Reaction score
stella1979 said:
I fear my response would be derailing this thread but I would love to hear more about your plans. Maybe you should start a build thread where we can chat more.
Haha yeah I don't want to hijack this thread with my own plans, I'll probably make a new thread in the next day or so

Lchi87 said:
@Cameron92
Wow, thanks for reading thru this! Dipping your toes into the salty side is definitely super exciting and I’ll have to say that a year and half into this, I’m still pretty friggen’ excited about everything salty lol.

Half the fun for me is learning and researching; there’s always something new to read up on so it keeps me engaged and challenged but the hardest part for me was being patient and keeping my hands out of the tank. Not sure if you’re planning on corals (spoiler: if it fits into your budget and schedule, DO plan for corals. ) but a reef likes stability more than anything so the two bits of advice I just mentioned will take you a long way. I had a bad habit of always tinkering and I’ve definitely set back growth and upset plenty of corals by rushing and not being able to leave well enough alone once I got things situated. I do wish you the absolute best with starting, and hope to see a build thread for you soon. You’re gonna have a blast!
Thankyou, I will absolutely be getting corals, but not till everything's stable, I had a habit of just winging my FW tank and stumbling along as I went, thankfully no casualties and it's going pretty well, but I want to get do this one properly and thought out with everything I do, less room for error!

Nart

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
dude... your tank is looking dope Lchi! and the Tubbs Stellata has really grown!

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Nart said:
dude... your tank is looking dope Lchi! and the Tubbs Stellata has really grown!
Thanks! That Tubbs is super easygoing and came from a lovely source so its become one of my forever favorites.

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Geez L your tank has some insane coloration I think your rivalling Drew's lagoon and reef_ballz dang. Everybody looks so happy and algae free your setting the bar high for everybody else lol. I don't know how you do it

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Culprit said:
Geez L your tank has some insane coloration I think your rivalling Drew's lagoon and reef_ballz dang. Everybody looks so happy and algae free your setting the bar high for everybody else lol. I don't know how you do it
Oh man those guys are legends, it would be an honor to be considered among them but I think we got a ways to go maybe one day lol. I have the Primes and overfeeding to thank for the happy corals lol but the 3x a week nutrient bombs wouldn’t be possible without @Nart ’s chaeto who is so good at consuming the excess nutrients. I need to get on your level and get a big tank though!

tfreema

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Love love love it!

Curious, how does it look under regular lights and how are the fish doing?

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It's been a while since I have viewed any of your tanks Lchi, but they are looking just as good as always

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
tfreema said:
Love love love it!

Curious, how does it look under regular lights and how are the fish doing?
C45B71FA-E616-4B24-AF00-7547C69B2203.jpeg

Older photot but..Thats mostly whites and hint of blue

The fish are doing great! Everyone is healthy and happy. I have a little clown in QT that I hope to transfer to the main tank in the next week or 2
JLeeM said:
Beautiful. It makes me think of neon lights in a city nightscape.
Thank you. I do love cranking up my blues at night to make them pop!
Fanatic said:
It's been a while since I have viewed any of your tanks Lchi, but they are looking just as good as always
Aw thanks Fanatic . Life is so busy lately but I’ll try to post more here.
Dch48 said:
What happened to the Anemone? He caused problems by moving around?
Oh the nem actually died a while back. He never got comfy it seems. He never stung anything as far as I can tell.

tfreema

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Lchi87 said:
View attachment 572929
Older photot but..Thats mostly whites and hint of blue

The fish are doing great! Everyone is healthy and happy. I have a little clown in QT that I hope to transfer to the main tank in the next week or 2

Thank you. I do love cranking up my blues at night to make them pop!

Aw thanks Fanatic . Life is so busy lately but I’ll try to post more here.

Oh the nem actually died a while back. He never got comfy it seems. He never stung anything as far as I can tell.
It looks just as stunning although the blue lights really makes the colors pop out.

Thank you for posting. I am still thinking Christmas present for me will be to at least get the tank and stand. I want an AIO along the size you have.

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
tfreema said:
It looks just as stunning although the blue lights really makes the colors pop out.

Thank you for posting. I am still thinking Christmas present for me will be to at least get the tank and stand. I want an AIO along the size you have.
I look forward to Christmas then! So excited for you and it’ll be here before you know it. This year is flying by!

tfreema

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Lchi87 said:
I look forward to Christmas then! So excited for you and it’ll be here before you know it. This year is flying by!
It really is!! As soon as I get plecos cleared out over the next couple months, I can start concentrating on my plan to cross over to the salty side. Be prepared for lots of questions, lol.

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
tfreema said:
It really is!! As soon as I get plecos cleared out over the next couple months, I can start concentrating on my plan to cross over to the salty side. Be prepared for lots of questions, lol.
Ask away! You’re gonna have so much fun and it’ll be nice to drag another freshie over to the dark side

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
grantm91 said:
I love it Lchi, you did so good with it. Does time not fly when you have a Reef lol
Thanks G I wouldn’t have gotten this far without the reef fam behind me. I feel like time went super slow while I was waiting for this tank :hilarious: but once she was up and running, it went really fast... can you believe this one’s only been up 5 ish months?!

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Lchi87 said:
Thanks G I wouldn’t have gotten this far without the reef fam behind me. I feel like time went super slow while I was waiting for this tank :hilarious: but once she was up and running, it went really fast... can you believe this one’s only been up 5 ish months?!
It feels like 5 mins since you ditched that OBD and got the lagoon to me lol, its flew watching it flourish

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom