Latest pics of my 20 gallon planted guppy and Cory tank

1. April R Well Known Member Member

The plants in this tank are just exploding with growth.
    When I set it up in January
    [​IMG]

now
    20 gallon 7-14-2014.jpg

Attached Files:

2. petaddiction Well Known Member Member

This looks great! What kind of corys do you have? I've been debating on how to stock my 20 gal and this looks great.

3. April R Well Known Member Member

I have emerald corys. Super cute and very social. They breed like crazy too. I have had two spawns since I started with 5 of them, have only lost one female, and have 5 babies from the spawns, so from 5 corys I now have 9! I will be selling 3 of them as soon as the get big enough. The key is to cover the eggs with mesh or move them to a breeder net as soon as you see them, or the guppies will make a quick snack of them.

Here are closeups of my guppies and corys, plus 2 of the most recent baby corys!!
    guppy juvenile female 7-13-2014.jpg purple moscoe male in tank 7-13-2014.jpg cory fry b 7-14-2014.jpg guppy juvenile 7-13-2014.jpg guppy female juveniles 7-13-2014.jpg cory close up 7-13-2014.jpg purple moscow 7-14-2014.jpg cory fry 7-13-2014.jpg

4. petaddiction Well Known Member Member

Wow they are awesome! I love love love all of them. So adorable!

5. atc84 Well Known Member Member

Looks great, April. Are you still breeding your guppies? I really like the plant on the right side, what is it?

6. Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

Beautiful fish!

7. April R Well Known Member Member

Yep, I just sold 7 of them last week. I am getting a lot with orangy red bodies and high dorsals, snake skin/cobra, yellow, and multi colored. This guy is my favorite so far
    guppy juvenile 7-13-2014.jpg
    I am keeping him. I think I would call him a red finned, black tuxedo, but I am still learning the terminology.
    I have sent all of my sold juveniles off before I could really see what colors they developed, so I think I am going to hold my most current drop until they are at least 4 months old so I can see what they look like and label them appropriately. My girls are all beautiful with either orange and yellow finnage or light blue finnage.

The plant on the right is hygrophila corymbosa stricta, aka Broad leaves hygrophyla. This stuff will grow in just about any aquarium and is super easy to
    grow from clippings.

8. atc84 Well Known Member Member

Ah, that's a really pretty guppy. Where do you sell them?

9. April R Well Known Member Member

If you pm me I'll give you the link. Don't want to break any board rules :)