Lateral line scales have a green coloration?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by zechocolate, Apr 10, 2012.

1. z

zechocolate Valued Member Member

My Silver arowana(recently posted about a finrot issue but that appears to be healing..) has some green coloration to the scales located over his lateral line; the coloring is perfectly tracing the line around the top of his body. He still eats every night, just fed him a little while ago. What could this be?

2. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

It sounds like you have a green arowana. Arowana's come in a whole bunch of varieties: green, silver, red, and gold. They have these colors around the lateral lines of their scales. Maybe someone else out there knows a little more about your type of fish.

Wendy

3. i

iZaO Jnr Well Known Member Member

I would have to agree... The most likely result is that you have a silver-green arowana. They begin to develop this colouration when they mature more.

4. OP
    OP
    z

zechocolate Valued Member Member

I thought of that as well; but I don't have an asian silver...I have a common silver arowana! I wasn't aware that they came in a green varient but hopefully this is the answer to my problem

5. i

iZaO Jnr Well Known Member Member

Theres no other explanation that i know of for it.

Perhaps a google search?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice