Last chance for my red tail shark

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by sawchynegger, Jul 27, 2015.

1. sawchynegger

sawchynegger Valued Member Member

This guy is on his last chance before going back to my LFS. He was in my 55 for a while but began harassing my 2 rope fish (will be upgrading tank when they get older). I moved him to my 180 and he terrorized my texas cichlids and jack dempseys. He spent the night in a bucket with a sponge filter and hut. His last chance is in my tank with 8 cory cats. Has anyone kept an RTS with corys? Lots of different opinions online. He never bothered my blue phantom pleco so I'm cautiously optimistic. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. slayer5590

slayer5590 Well Known Member Member

I would have left it with your cichlids personally.

3. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I agree with slayer.

4. BDpups

BDpups Well Known Member Member

I wouldn't keep a RTS with Cory. Especially if it's been going after cichlids.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. alink

alink Well Known Member Member

Uh oh! Now you got me worried about my RTS with my new cories...

6. OP
    OP
    sawchynegger

It was crazy. My cichlids were all at peace aside from the occasional brief chase then this RTS comes in and is chasing them all over the tank. They were all stressed and hiding from him. RTS has a few small wounds from one of the jacks but just kept going at them.

7. OP
    OP
    sawchynegger

So I ended up trying the cory cat tank and so far so good. Before putting him in I added a more rocks and wood creating some pretty cramped spaces that the RTS can't get at. I also think it helps that there are 8 corys so he can't really focus on any one them .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice