Largest tank anyone has divided

Martinismommy
I'm wondering what is the largest tank anyone has divided...I'm suffering from Betta fever once again and have my eye on a couple of boys at Miami aquariums...

I'm wondering if there is anyway possible to divide Wills tank into 3 separate living areas..I don't really want to add another tank right now...I already have 5....He has so much space and I know he doesn't need 55 gallons for himself..I'd never put any other fish in directly with him so I'm toying with this new idea...

Any ideas??

Here is 1 of the boys I'm about to bid on...His face is sooooo adorable!

shellbell4ever
I haven't done it, but you can!! absolutely!!! you can get dividers for 55 gallon tanks at any lfs,Big Al's has them online as well,Theres a girl on ultimate Betta forum that divided her 55 x 4 (I would love to have that!!!)
Your will has had that big tank all to him self for so long I would do it slowly,start by half,then half again maybe...just a suggestion I wouldn't want to hurt Will's feeling any
have fun!

Martinismommy
I haven't done it, but you can!! absolutely!!! you can get dividers for 55 gallon tanks at any lfs,Big Al's has them online as well,Theres a girl on ultimate Betta forum that divided her 55 x 4 (I would love to have that!!!)
Your will has had that big tank all to him self for so long I would do it slowly,start by half,then half again maybe...just a suggestion I wouldn't want to hurt Will's feeling any
have fun!

Will is a very peaceful Betta boy...He even likes his snails...I had to remove the snail from Jaggers tank because he was head butting it and making it fall of the glass (little buggar)

Of course I would do it very slow...I would never want anything to happen to my Baby...

What's big als website addy?

joycey1221
If you buy dividers, make sure that they have no way that a betta could squeeze through. Even 1/8 of an inch is enough.

Shawnie
I have divided a 55 before...cause I made a tararium..half water half land....and they do make them..just measure the width and height ...I think you should be diving his tank a bit because you are an amazing fishy mom and you have so much more room to give so many more boys/girls a great life...

Lonely Angel
Sure, my 55 gallon is divided to stop bullying with the goldfish. I got the divider at petco and it's nice and sturdy.

Martinismommy
Sure, my 55 gallon is divided to stop bullying with the goldfish. I got the divider at petco and it's nice and sturdy.

Do you have a photo of the divided tank?

angelfish220
Go online and get one of those big rows of fishstore tanks >

You could have, like, 20 bettas!!!

Martinismommy
Go online and get one of those big rows of fishstore tanks >

You could have, like, 20 bettas!!!

lolololol....NO, I can't have 20 bettas... My limit was 2...Now I have 4 and by next weekend I'll have 7...My husband is going to kill me lol...

Lonely Angel
Do you have a photo of the divided tank?

I don't think so, but the tank's about four feet from my computer so I can take some now.

Shawnie
lolololol....NO, I can't have 20 bettas... My limit was 2...Now I have 4 and by next weekend I'll have 7...My husband is going to kill me lol...

you got 3? ???????????????????????????? do tell do show!!!

Martinismommy
you got 3? ???????????????????????????? do tell do show!!!

Not yet...They aren't here yet...I'm still working out the shipping details and trying to figure out where to put them lol...I'm leaving for CA on Friday for a wedding...They will arrive next week...

Now this is it for me I swear! See, I'm not the kind of person who buys one at a time...So this is IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shawnie
got pics of the boys? and I still want to go to calI with ya

angelfish220
Now this is it for me I swear! See, I'm not the kind of person who buys one at a time...So this is IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you say so...

Martinismommy
got pics of the boys? and I still want to go to calI with ya

This is one trip you should go on with me! This is my nephews wedding..Let's just say it is going to be a PARTY! lol...

Shawnie
This is one trip you should go on with me! This is my nephews wedding..Let's just say it is going to be a PARTY! lol...

If I wasn't saving for my youngest daughters first trip ever to fla, id be there!! not that I like to party or anything :;a2

now , back to the pics of your new boys? ;D

Lonely Angel
Okay, here's my divided tank...

the whole tank

34.jpg

closer up

35.jpg

the divider is supposed to have a little wire clip on it, but because my tank has a lip on the rI'm it wouldn't fit. The clip would normally be where the red arrow is.

36.jpg

I hope that helps and congratulations on getting more bettas! I can't wait to see what your new boys look like!

Martinismommy
Click the link at the top of this post...That is one of the boys...The other one is the great white post...And the 3rd one, well that is just going to have to be a surprise! Let's just say it is going to knock your pantyhose off lol...

Shawnie
that looks great ..I love how its set up....great job!.those are the dividers I use also...just be very sure there's no space at the top, or down in either corner where the blue plastic doesn't go ...that's how my rafikkI got to omone..the sneaky thing..so I used rocks..lemme see if I can get a pic also...

heres what I had to fix up because of nawty rafikki...carol or rose, can't remember which, (sorry ladies) told me that's how he probably got through ...I couldnt keep the clip on either

Lucy
Will is a very peaceful Betta boy...He even likes his snails...I had to remove the snail from Jaggers tank because he was head butting it and making it fall of the glass (little buggar)

What kind of snail do you keep with Will?

Martinismommy
joycey1221
Here is 1 of the boys I'm about to bid on...His face is sooooo adorable!

Wow, that is one amazing betta, good luck with him!

I'm sure that he will be happy with you, you seem like a great betta mom

chickadee
I divided my 25 gallon tall tank but the commercial dividers are not heavy enough to hold that amount of water. It takes a piece of heavy plexiglas or perforated PVC that is cut to size to hold that amount of weight so I would suggest if the tank is over 12 gallons that you do not use the commercial dividers. They are not heavy duty enough.

Rose

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
member76317
Replies
Views
bankruptjojo
Replies
Views
jamie carmichael
Replies