Large White Patch On Betta

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by MWags, Aug 3, 2017.

1. MWags

MWags New Member Member

I inherited a betta that has. Been doing really well for almost 3 years. About 3 weeks ago he started getting a very large white/pink patch on his face. It just keeps growing.
    I've used Jungle for fungus, have done water changes, salt, and used water conditioners. I just tested and it looks as if the alkaline is too high and possibly the water is too hard. I'm not sure if that is the issue. Jake isn't eating and just hides begins the filter. I'm not ready to explain Fish Heaven to my kids yet!

Attached Files:

2. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

If you inherited him and he has been doing fine for 3 years, he is an older betta. Do you have any pictures of the area of concern?

3. OP
    OP
    MWags

MWags New Member Member

These are the best pictures pictures i could get. It's spreading and almost looks as if its eating away at his face :( I've tried different foods to get him to eat but he hasn't wanted anything.

Attached Files:

4. O

OscarOwner88 New Member Member

So I believe it is fungal what I would do is use the jungle fungal medicine and get some melafix and follow the instructions on the back of the bottle and do them together and that should work. The reason I say this is because I have dealt with fungus infection in the past on a blood parrot cichlid and after about 3 weeks it started to clear up and became his natural self.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice