Large pond pump not working

esb123

Hi everyone! I'm worried about my goldfish. Please help! My pond has a waterfall feature. The pump that gets water to the top of the waterfall has quit working. I've checked: no blockages (able to use a hose to force water through); filter is cleaned; impeller is spinning freely; I don't see any leaking seals. It does seem like the impeller is rattling around now, but is held in place by magnetism, nothing to tighten or change. There is power, no blockages, no airlocks... And no suction with the tiniest if rattling noises that wasn't there before. Why won't it work?

richiep

Croeso welcome to fishlore
Have you tried putting the pump with no attachments into a bucket of water and turn on to see if there's movement,

esb123

richiep said:
Croeso welcome to fishlore
Have you tried putting the pump with no attachments into a bucket of water and turn on to see if there's movement,
Yes, nothing. Just new tick tick sound like impeller is rattling slightly as it spins but I can't see why.

richiep

While others rack their brains over this what model is it, let see if there's a break down of the motor and impeller,

esb123

richiep said:
While others rack their brains over this what model is it, let see if there's a break down of the motor and impeller,
I've detached it from waterfall system of pipes and am going to keep testing in a water bucket. Excitingly, this morning I see a leak happened over night and pond emptied about a quarter overnight. Sheesh.
I've detached it from waterfall system of pipes and am going to keep testing in a water bucket. Excitingly, this morning I see a leak happened over night and pond emptied about a quarter overnight. Sheesh.

richiep

I found the pump but no real breakdown, the only thing I can advise now is take it to your lfs and see if they can help

Latest threads

Top Bottom