Large Planted Tank, African Cichlids, A Pond, Or A Fish Room?

1. Guppykid101 Well Known Member Member

I'm only 17, but I've been neck deep in the hobby for 3 years now and I absolutely love fish keeping. I also absolutely love day dreaming about the possibilities of the hobby as I grow up and fall into a career and my own house. That being said, I would love to see what the community is also interested in/already has. So far my ideas have been:

-Getting a very large (300+ gallon) in wall tank and making it into a huge planted tank with discus and huge schools of small fish
    -The same tank but making the classic, rock pile, fully stocked african cichlid tank
    -A decent sized koi pond
    -A fish room with one or two 125's along with a mix of smaller, differently scaped and stocked tanks

Now obviously only a millionaire could afford all of these so it would come down to having one option, maybe two if I find myself with a good paying job and no wife to stop me xD. But if it were your money which would you do? Or what other big option would you add to the list of possibilities?

2. BeanFish Well Known Member Member

A fishroom with a bunch of 20-40 gal tanks, focusing on endangered species all around the world.

3. Guppykid101 Well Known Member Member

Might be a little hard to get your hands on those! But I agree that would make for one heck of a fish room!!

4. BeanFish Well Known Member Member

Finding them can be fun ;).
    That's what I think I'll do. Make my yard a "fish room" filled with tubs. Focused on goodeids and other livebearers.