large group fish for id 8+inchs

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by yasha, Jul 5, 2016.

1. yasha

yashaWell Known MemberMember

I'd like to know what these guys are.
    1467737508822.jpg
    And also these guys. There a half the size of the 1st guys if that.
    1467737519866.jpg

Sorry about bad picture.

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Second pic is drape fin barbs. Not sure on the first.

What size tank is this?

3. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

First is a Tinfoil Barb to me

4. OP
    OP
    yasha

Ty

No idea on there tank size know they don't have the right tank or type/number of fish there's only 4 or them. 2 of the tinfoil. 1 clown loach. Its a docs office so all I can really say is its most like 100g give or take and looks clean.

5. OP
    OP
    yasha

Ty Ditch
    I know that at one time but just could not come up with it.

6. OP
    OP
    yasha

Not sure if drape fin barbs
    Is right. There a lot smaller then the tinfoil but the tinfoil are about the size of my head. The 2nd guys are still about as long as my hand so 5inchs at the smallest I'd say.

7. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

If they're that big, then yeah, not the drape fin. Looks like some kind of barb to me though.

8. slayer5590

slayer5590Well Known MemberMember

1st pic is a tin foil barb
    2nd pic is a group of filament barbs

9. BluMan1914

BluMan1914Well Known MemberMember

I would say the first is Tin Foil Barb, but I have no clue about the second fish. hampalong, or chromedome52, I'm pretty sure will know.

10. OP
    OP
    yasha

Thank you everyone and

Thank you slayer
    I think your right. They do have a very light shadow of red on there fins with the black like pictures on google just not as dark as most.

I think they're kind of scared tho in a busier office yet seem to swim as fast as they can away from anyone by the tank.

Like most public tanks I've seen there almost always set up with the wrong fish and numbers. At least the tank looks like its deep enough for them to turn and cant really think of how long it was I'd just be randomly guessing.

So far I've only seen 1 public tank that's I'd call really nice and way under stocked and it was a salt water tank as long as some living rooms and almost floor to ceiling again not sure on width but was very nice. It only had a few fish that were only 4inch max.

11. chromedome52

chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

slayer5590 has it correct, Tinfoil and Dawkinsia filamentosa.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice