Large Angelfish Compatible With Cherry Barbs, Black Neons, Endler's Livebearers In A 90?

pigeonmaster

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So a few months back I had to adopt four full grown angels from someone who was tearing down their tank. Before I put the angels in my 90, I moved my cherry barbs, black neons, and endler's livebearers into a holding tank because I read that they are not compatible with angels. These fish deserve better though and I really want them back in my 90, especially the cherry barbs. I'm curious if they would get along with the angels. The reasoning as to why I question whether they really are incompatible is for the following reasons: I've read that angels eat guppies and neons, but I have some pristella tetras of about the same size, and they get along with the angels. I've also read that barbs of any type would annoy the angels and therefore get picked on, but my cherry barbs have never bothered any fish. My angels have never made physical contact with any other species. Sometimes when they lay eggs, they make threatening gestures at other species, but they have never hurt anyone.
What do you think? Can I return the cherries, endler's, and black neons to the 90 with the angels? Have any of you ever housed these fish with angels before? Thank you

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't know about the black neons or the endlers......but cherry barbs are very frequently kept with angelfish successfully!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom