Ladygrey’s 29 Gallon

LadyGrey

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I started this tank end of April and finally finished stocking. Now to just get rid of the algae!

Attachments

jake37

Valued Member
Reaction score
Is the blue fish a powder blue dwarf gourami ? How are the serpae tetra behaving? Very tempted to get some but been told they can be nippers.

OP
L

LadyGrey

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Is the blue fish a powder blue dwarf gourami ? How are the serpae tetra behaving? Very tempted to get some but been told they can be nippers.
Yes, he is a powder blue dwarf gourami. I kept a close eye on them the first couple days. Big Blue was pretty shy for the first little while, and the tetras chased him away anytime he tried to swim below midtank. There might have been a few warning nips but nothing ongoing, which was what I was watching for. It's been a few weeks now and everyone seems to be cohabitating fairly peacefully and Big Blue has the run of the entire tank -- everyone else just gets out of his way.

My serpaes seem to occupy themselves by nipping each other !!! I did have a pearl gourami awhile back and he got very aggressive after about a week of being in the tank and he was attacking my serpaes constantly until i netted him and returned him to the store. Everyone warned me about the serpaes being aggressive, but they were definitely the innocent ones. I do have 10 of them -- apparently they do much better in large numbers.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Great looking setup. I also have serpae in my 55 (5) and they have never bothered anyone except each other which is all in fun never any damage to them. They are super hardy fish I’ve had them 2.5 years and they even outlasted my zebra danios

jake37

Valued Member
Reaction score
My kuhli are a mixed bag - at times they will hang out in the open and could care less if i am around and at other times the slightest shadow will send them running. I have 10 in one tank and 4 in another (eventually the 4 will join the 10 when they are no longer angel-food). I had one kuhli that hid for 6 months - then for some reason came out in the open and stayed there for 3 weeks and now has gone back into hiding (the large tank is next to my computer so i can watch through the side as i work and at times they will line up to see what i am working on).
-
I guess next time i have room I'll get some serpaes. I get the feeling they are too active for 29 gallon tank so maybe the 120 - other than loaches the only thing i have in the 120 are cardinals and angels

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Weekly

Votes: 73 67.0%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 19 17.4%

Top Bottom