Lack of movement

1. s2dat Member Member

So to replace my late betta, i went ahead and purchased two platties during this week. It has been 4 days and during the last two days, both platies are stationary just below the water-line. but when i did a water change or any other interruption they are once again active.

i checked my parameters which are: ammonia-0ppm nitrite-0ppm, nitrate< 5 ph~ 7.4. no other issues with the other inhabitants. is this something is hould be concerned about

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Hi :)
    If you could fill in your aquarium info, it'll help the members help you without having to ask about tank size, tank mates etc.
    Thanks!

3. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Hi s2,
    Your parameters sound good..but..how long has the tank been setup?...what temp is your tank set too?...And please follow thru with Lucy's suggestion to fill in all the tank info...it will be such a help to Forum Members anytime you need it.

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

im sorry your fin babies arent feeling well :(
    is this for your 5g tank that you just set up ? how was it cycled? what test kit are you using? hovering at the top is for lack of oxygen..whether the water is too warm, not circulating, or ammonia, thats what fish usually do when they need more.....

5. s2dat Member Member

no this is actually for my 29gallon it has been set-up since later october, im thinking of getting an air pump to help with circulation. my ammonia levels are at 0

6. s2dat Member Member

just an update, today morning the same platy unfortunately passed away. something is not right in my tank but i cant diagnose it at this time.

7. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

im so sorry for the loss of your fish baby :(
    what are your readings for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates right at this point? what test kit are you using? these answers might help us give your some more advice

8. s2dat Member Member

im using the api master test kit. i will do a test again but last done was a day ago.