Label Your Plecosssssssss

CloudTheFluffy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
My best lfs can't label any of there plecos and it's such a pain! I can't ID young plecos to save my life. They have different pleco tanks but there all just called 'pleco' or 'sucker fish'. People then just pick a pretty one thinking they all are the same and stay small.

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah once in a blue moon most "seasoned" lfs will actually name them by their "code" names, L246, L221, L151 etc. They assume that their customers all have smart phones and can just Google it lol...in World of Fish, (which is one of the best stores I have ever seen in my entire life) they usually have their Plecos not as scattered around their store as a lot of places do; they had 'em all on a wall in mostly community tanks, but some of the more rare and expensive ones were almost all kept alone. They has some really nice King Tigers there and were actually designated by their common and numerical names. (L066)

CloudTheFluffy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
SFGiantsGuy said:
Yeah once in a blue moon most "seasoned" lfs will actually name them by their "code" names, L246, L221, L151 etc. They assume that their customers all have smart phones and can just Google it lol...in World of Fish, (which is one of the best stores I have ever seen in my entire life) they usually have their Plecos not as scattered around their store as a lot of places do; they had 'em all on a wall in mostly community tanks, but some of the more rare and expensive ones were almost all kept alone. They has some really nice King Tigers there and were actually designated by their common and numerical names. (L066)
I wish mine would at least do that and show there "code names". Then most people who cared/were interested could google it.
It's mostly the more easy to find plecos too. I'm pretty sure two tanks of them are just filled to the brim with commons too. :/

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom