L280 vandragti

Mcasella

Got these guys today (hopefully they aren't all males..!) after wanting them for a while. They are stinking adorable and don't get massive at all (they are lucky if they hit 2"). These are technically a carnivore species and do not eat algae.
To give an idea of their size this is a Lee's large specimen container which the bottom is 3.25x7 inches, so big boy in the first picture (bottom by itself) is still smol.

Daniodude

Nice find!

Bloodfeather

Mcasella said:
Got these guys today (hopefully they aren't all males..!) after wanting them for a while. They are stinking adorable and don't get massive at all (they are lucky if they hit 2"). These are technically a carnivore species and do not eat algae.
To give an idea of their size this is a Lee's large specimen container which the bottom is 3.25x7 inches, so big boy in the first picture (bottom by itself) is still smol.

So cute!! Where'd you get them? The only ones I can find online are $165 each

Mcasella

Bloodfeather said:
So cute!! Where'd you get them? The only ones I can find online are $165 each
Freshwater exotics, they were just under 60$ each including shipping (fedex overnight, they were picked up almost 830pm last night and delivered about ten minutes before I posted them). It likely will be more expensive for shipping to you. I may end up getting a couple more if all of them are male (I have a bad habit of getting only males or only have males survive when fish are shipped to me - even a "proven pair" swordtails I got, six months after I lost the male the "female" developed and was also male).

They were sort of sight unseen, the website has an example picture of the fish, but nothing up to date as far as their current stock (they know their fish is the good thing, they even do travel trips to the places they collect from). But they communicate well and the prices are good, the fish all wild caughts. They also have angels, discus, and other south american based species.

Mcasella

L280 sighting. And one of them is definitely a female (yay!) (the pictured one is a female). I've seen two of the three in the past week, the biggest one has gotten just a little bigger and is getting very spiky. Ignore the outside glass it is a little dusty.
They normally appear after dark after the lights have been out for a few hours (I haven't seen them since a few weeks after the first post, so these are as elusive as some of the big guys, just even harder to see). My L404 babies (four of them under to just an inch) act about the same except they are even smaller.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom