L202 Breeding in a Community?

1. Aquarium Saturation

Aquarium Saturation Well Known Member Member

I was thinking about breeding L202, but don't have enough space in the house to set up a breeding tank, so I was wondering can they breed in a community tank?
    Thanks

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Depends on your community. If you don't have enough space for another tank, what will you do with the fry?

What size tank and what do you have in there?

3. OP
    OP
    Aquarium Saturation

I have enough space for a small fry tank, but not a separate breeding tank to put the L202's in

4. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

What size tank do you have and what else would be in there with them?

5. bizaliz3

bizaliz3 Fishlore Legend Member

What do you consider a "small fry tank"?

I don't have experience with that kind of pleco, but I have bred BN plecos and they have 50 plus babies. They grow relatively slowly and poop just as much as the adults. If you have that many pleco babies, you will need more than just one "small fry tank"....and you will likely need a grow out tank or two, or three...

The bn plecos also have babies every two weeks... as soon as the previous ones are gone anyway....and again, I don't know about your species...but I assume they have similar breeding habits, and if you leave the male and female together you will be overrun with babies and I am not sure you even have enough room for one litter of babies.

In answer to your question about the community thing....again, only going off my experience with BN plecos....but mine had no trouble making babies in a community. I had to separate the male and female because it became way too much. I don't think you need a separate breeding tank, but you will need much more than a "small fry tank" for the babies.

Edit: anyone please correct me if I am wrong. If these L202 plecos have breeding habits that are totally different than the BN plecos, please chime in! Thanks!!

6. OP
    OP
    Aquarium Saturation

Thanks for the help

Are BN plecos hard to care for??

Random question, do you know if French Blue Star Endler Guppies are a pure line??

7. bizaliz3

Not at all!

8. OP
    OP
    Aquarium Saturation

Wait are BN's Bristlenose?

9. bizaliz3

Yes