Kuhli’s going nuts?

Apatheia
So for over two years I’ve owned Kuhli loaches, a band of four with two blacks and two striped varieties. They’ve been in 10,20,29 and 40 gallons, and every single time they go back and forth up and down the walls and corners of the tank together, even poking their noses out of the water for hours on end. I’ve never figured out why, and it’s always puzzled me. It’s not stress as the params have always been perfect for them, always well fed and happy. I just placed an air stone next to the glass for some Cory eggs this morning and they’re going crazy over it. Are they really playing, or having fun? I was never sure that kuhli loaches could actually comprehend that sort of behavior, not to be mean or anything lol.
Here’s a link to one of the videos of them. Hoping it works.

Passionfish
Apatheia said:
So for over two years I’ve owned Kuhli loaches, a band of four with two blacks and two striped varieties. They’ve been in 10,20,29 and 40 gallons, and every single time they go back and forth up and down the walls and corners of the tank together, even poking their noses out of the water for hours on end. I’ve never figured out why, and it’s always puzzled me. It’s not stress as the params have always been perfect for them, always well fed and happy. I just placed an air stone next to the glass for some Cory eggs this morning and they’re going crazy over it. Are they really playing, or having fun? I was never sure that kuhli loaches could actually comprehend that sort of behavior, not to be mean or anything lol.
Here’s a link to one of the videos of them. Hoping it works.
So. Mine do that too. i think it is actually just them frollicking aroun and playing. Either that or both of our schools have a serious problem that we don't know about. I've heard other people say that their kuhlis do it too. Your not alone.

longneckloach
My kuhlis do that all the time, too!
When I first started out my 20 gallon I only had one (not good, I know). When I upgraded to 29 and learned they liked to be in groups, I upped the number to six and they started doing that. Judging from that info I do think it's more of a frolicking/playing thing! They seem to be happy!
Like passionfish said, though, maybe we all just have messed up kuhlis... I doubt it though!

Latest threads

Top Bottom