Kuhlis And Corys??

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by HappiestCamper, Apr 19, 2017.

1. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper Well Known Member Member

What size tank would you need to happily house both? Or is it just not recomended

2. Lchi87

Lchi87 Moderator Moderator Member

The cories may out compete the kuhlis for food. But if you were going to do 6 cories and 6 kuhlis, a 30 long might be okay but I'd definitely go larger if you can. A 40b would be more suitable and give you room to stock a mid-dwelling school and a centerpiece fish.

3. tyguy7760

tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Agreed with @Lchi87 . I would also try to keep more kuhlis than cories. Kuhlis can be quite shy and the boisterous corys will likely send them into hiding. If keeping 6 corydoras I'd try to keep at least 8 or 10 kuhlis. To do that successfully I'd suggest you have at least a 36 inch tank. So a 30 long, 40b, or a 65 tall would do the trick.

4. OP
    OP
    HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper Well Known Member Member

Thanks for the input guys! I just ended up with my bfs corys but i really wantes kuhlis lol

So ill up thier school to six (there used to be five and the store is out till friday)

And then wait for kuhlis till I upgrade to the 40! (Hopefully soon!)

5. Al913

Al913 Fishlore VIP Member

I would say at least a 4 feet tank :)

IMO, a 40 breeder is too small I have 6 corys in my 40 breeder and they go everywhere and are really active.

6. tyguy7760

tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

I think a 40b would be plenty. It's got more square footage than a 55/60/65 which should give her enough room for kuhlis and cory's to be fine in. Kuhlis don't require a lot of space as they usually pile up in the same cave together and only come out during feeding. The bigger trick is going to be making sure the kuhlis find food. Sinking pellets after the lights are off is a good strategy.

Just make sure to provide plenty of covered areas/caves/shaded spots/plants for the kuhlis to hide in. Most of mine pile up in the same fake plant in the back of my 75.

7. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I agree with tyguy, a 30 long or 40b is fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice